Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a program within the Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos, has an opening for a Network Engineer in Korea. The Defense Information Systems Agency acts as provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to the Department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations.
Site Lead for project – experience in training, certifying and leading a team of Network Engineer’s in the 24x7x365 operations, administration and maintenance of mission critical enterprise networks.
Assignments are received in task and objective oriented terms. The lead will provide direction to subordinates based on general policies and management guidance. Interprets and executes policies and procedures that typically affect subordinate organizational units. Recommends modifications to operating policies as needed.
The position will also provide support to the Operational Engineering Division as a member of the Transport team. The primary role of Transport is to restore any network-impacting event affecting customer service. The team accomplishes this goal using a variety of resources, knowledge, and expertise to perform fault isolation, analysis, and troubleshooting across various Transport platforms including SONET Optical/Fiber Transport (ODXC/MSPP), Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM), Time Division Multiplexing (TDM), and cryptographic systems.
- Oversee day-to-day operations and support activities of Transport/IP team
- Working knowledge of one or more Transport platforms: CIENA 6500, CIENA Corestream, Cisco NCS2K, CISCO MSPP 15454/15310, SYCAMORE ODXC 16K/9K, XTERA, and other ancillary equipment.
- Support engineering project progression, network operations, and management of support activities for Transport networks.
- Collaborate with key partners in various technologies to de-conflict efforts
- Status reporting to the Transport Operations Engineering Manager and customers
- Manages multiple aspects of engineering tasks simultaneously
- In-depth knowledge and practical experience implementing, administering, performing testing, and analyzing network systems
- Experience in network engineering, configuration management, problem management, and performance management
- Ability to make decisions and escalate when needed
- Self-starter and ability to work independently with little to no supervision.
- Strong written and verbal communications, team building and collaboration skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Supervise subordinates, sign timecards, and write appraisals
- Some travel may be required (5%)
- Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE or CCNA Security.
- Currently possess an active DoD Secret Security Clearance with eligibility for a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- Experience with some or all equipment platforms: CIENA 6500, CIENA Corestream, Cisco NCS2K, CISCO MSPP 15454/15310, SYCAMORE ODXC 16K/9K, XTERA, and other ancillary equipment.
Education & Experience:
- Requires BS degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
Additional Desired Skills:
- Experience supervising or leading a team of Network Engineering professionals in an Operations environment.
- Actively involved in daily operations to meet critical schedules or resolve complex problems.
- Develops solutions to complex technical issues and problems that affect multiple area or disciplines.
- Communicates with internal team members across multiple areas external to the organization (e.g., sub-contractors, vendors, etc.)
- Experience understanding and managing customer expectations
- Team and goal oriented in achieving day-to-day objectives and goals
- Able to work independently on complex projects/assignments.
- Able to assist other technical staff with tasks and assignments to achieve results
- Addresses technical issues/problems using best practices and collaboration with colleagues.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.