Leidos’ Defense Group has an immediate opening for a talented Red Hat Engineer to be a key member of a team supporting DoD ABIS in Fairmont, West Virginia.
This is an information technology system that supports identity superiority by providing the critical capability for warfighters to identify known or suspected terrorists and third country nationals in the course of military operations. DoD ABIS is the authoritative biometrics enterprise system that provides matching, sharing and storing of biometrics data. The capability can receive multi-modal biometrics submissions to include iris, face, palm and finger prints from biometrics collection devices, which will support the warfighter in making, retain, capture, or release decisions. By providing access and responding to requests the system has a direct impact on the availability of critical intelligence information that is of vital interest to DoD and other government agencies.
The roll will include providing technical expertise, support, guidance, and recommendations to design, deploy and support solutions for a primarily virtualized Linux environment. This engineer should be well versed in Red Hat products (REL 7, RHV, Ansible), troubleshooting, patching, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), and server configuration.
- Systems documentation, systems performance monitoring, systems availability monitoring, system troubleshooting, and patching.
- Perform system vulnerability management and remediation of systems.
- Perform DISA STIGS on applicable systems.
- Interface and coordinate with other teams and external users/organizations to design engineering solutions.
- Satellite system management automation to deploy, scale and manage Red Hat infrastructure (REL 7) across physical and virtual environments
- Demonstrated experience with server configuration management (infrastructure automation) tools (i.e. - Ansible)
- Experience supporting enterprise server hardware (Dell or HP)
- Design and implement solutions for integration within client environments for various Red Hat products such as IdM (Identity Management), Satellite, RHV (Red Hat Virtualization), RHDS (Red Hat Directory Server), Ceph, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services and automation
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
- Active DoD Secret or Top Secret Security Clearance
- Must possess demonstrable expertise in the Linux operating system (the majority of our products run on Enterprise Linux, either RHEL or CentOS)
- Must be DOD 8570 certified or obtain required certificates within 60 days of start date.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.