Leidos is dedicated to making the world a safer place. This starts with helping our customers in the Defense Industry achieve their critical missions. From our airborne work with sensors alerting warfighters to what's over the next hill, to our autonomous maritime platforms protecting sea lanes and shores; our dedicated Defense Group employees are solving critical challenges across the globe.
The Airborne Solutions Operations (ASO) within the Leidos Defense Group had an opening for a Vice President, Airborne Mission Sustainment (AMS) Division. Work location for this position will be based in Alexandria, VA but will also require travel to secondary work location of Manassas, VA.
Reporting to the Airborne Solutions Operations (ASO) SVP, the Airborne Mission Sustainment Division, Division Manager provides overall leadership for one of five ASO divisions. The Airborne Mission Sustainment Division manager will be responsible for over $200m in revenue, with a dispersed team of Leidos employees and subcontractors. This division’s area of focus include aircraft collection operations, logistics management, business growth, and capture efforts.
Scope of responsibility includes leadership with a commitment to developing, engaging and retaining a high-performing team; collaboration across organizations; integrated business strategy development consistent with the Operation’s overall ASO strategy; program performance oversight, IR&D and B&P investments, and nurturing of all customer relationships. In addition, the Division Manager must be able to monitor, forecast, and meet annual business plan financial targets, growth objectives and technical performance; identify, plan and execute business development strategies; lead capture and proposal activities; and provide pipe-line development for top-line growth aligned with Operation and Group strategic plans.
Required Experience and Education:
Technical Skills: - A minimum of ten years’ experience managing one or more program(s) of high complexity providing products, services, and customer support. Must have experience growing and supporting operations both CONUS and OCONUS to include managing dispersed employees working in austere locations. The candidate must have direct experience working in a classified environment.
Education and Qualifications:
A Bachelor’s Degree or an advanced degree is strongly preferred (military service and aviation industry experience may be considered in lieu of degree). A minimum of fifteen (15) + years of relevant experience in program management, business management, engineering and business development required. Candidate must possess a minimum of six (6) years of team leadership experience, working with a distributed organization, over multiple time zones and a demonstrated record of leading and managing an organization or commercial company. Successful candidate must also possess:
- Demonstrated and consistent success in achieving or exceeding financial goals, revenue and profit growth, and market expansion with the communicative ability to engage new customers and present technical solutions to complex problems.
- Program management skills, experience supporting a variety of customers, and managing a diverse technical team.
- Ability to manage multiple complex demands concurrently.
- Interdisciplinary leadership skills with a proven track record of managing and mentoring senior level staff in a successful organization.
- Demonstrated understanding of the methodology necessary to target and capture future work, along with demonstrated results.
- Ability to gain internal consensus support; operate independently without supervision or feedback; conceive new and innovative ideas and solutions; predicting potential outcomes, and determine which alternative course of action to follow
- Ability to establish positive, constructive relationships with technical and functional staff, managers, and peers within the Operation, Group, and across Leidos organizations.
- Experience in identifying potential partners, developing teaming agreements and working with other team members to develop a total integrated business solution. In depth experience with the operational requirements of customer base.
- Experience in mergers and acquisition process—target identification, evaluation, closure and integration. Experience in leveraging IRAD to develop technology discriminators.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills are essential and should be able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences.
- Must possess an active TS security clearance.
- Managing an aviation organization including aircraft modification and facilities management as well as a deep understanding of and background in Airborne ISR, Aviation and related technology.
- Proven success transitioning airborne technology programs to operational use.
- Experience taking prototype hardware and software to product.
- Familiarity with Leidos financial management, program management, and contracting approaches and processes.
- P/L responsibility >$100M
- Established/proven working relationships across the Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance and Airborne CLS communities - to include an understanding of competitors’ capabilities, key players and decision makers and likely strategies within that market.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Division Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.