Leidos has an immediate opportunity for a Training Integrator. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with an outstanding engineering team and will support training and fielding needs for the team’s software deployed in the cloud for US Air Force bases across the world. Position requires US citizenship and an active DoD Secret Security Clearance. Position requires 50% or more travel and the office location can be very flexible; candidates will be traveling to both CONUS and OCONUS locations but may also visit Leidos facilities in MD/VA/WV on a periodic basis.
- Prepare and deliver training based on an existing library of training modules, tailored to the needs of each base receiving training as part of an initial installation/fielding effort.
- Gain and maintain tactical and technical proficiency in the Leidos software. As software is constantly under development, stay abreast of new features and understand the “What’s New” aspects to incorporate and design training as required.
- Coordinate with military base points of contact (POC) to understand how they will employ the delivered software and how to tailor/design/execute the training to best meet their needs.
- Maintain existing training library (e.g., coordinate required edits, upload updated materials to milSuite)
- Deliver operator level training within a classroom environment at USAF bases (CONUS and OCONUS), continuing coordination with the base-level POCs to schedule events, convey administrative/logistic requirements.
- Coordinate with base POCs to perform initial set up (data build) of data required for new software installations. This data includes importing or creating instantiation and organizational data, user accounts and permissions, operational checklists, and base unique features.
- Capture user feedback and relay to the software development team to continually improve the feature set of the tool. Monitor milSuite for user feedback submitted through the training portal
- Employ appropriate training sites (via DISA milCloud or other cloud deployments) to illustrate topics or respond to questions posed by users in the field.
- Work closely with developers and other endpoint engineers in an agile environment.
- Support deployed software system with Help Desk activities, reviewing Help Desk tickets submitted by the field, and providing operational translation of described issues as required.
- Train developers in the front-end/operator use of the software, enabling them to better respond to Help Desk tickets from the field. Develop and maintain internal training program with initial and periodic reviews for staff. Develop qualification test/exam and maintain list of qualified developers (to feed Help Desk call schedule).
- Plan and implement exercises to test Help Desk readiness. Work with developers to plan a system outage and stimulate the Help Desk through the support desk. Evaluate the team on success.
- Develop and maintain Help Desk call schedule for Tier I support. Manage schedule deconflictions.
- Work independently and under minimal supervision
- Bachelor's degree and 2 - 4 years relevant experience in a military environment; additional experience/training expertise maybe substituted in lieu of degree.
- Excellent communications skills; able to deliver classroom style/technical training to developers/operators
- Strong understanding of Air Force base operations
- Must have excellent organization skills
- Must have an active DoD Secret Security Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Experience in training of end users in both SW application installation and daily operations
- Experience managing projects within the Atlassian suite of tools (Confluence, JIRA, Bitbucket).
- Familiarity with the Agile software development process.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Technical Trainer
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.