Leidos is actively hiring for a Simulation Support Engineer to join our team at Fort Leavenworth, KS.
Responsible for supporting GSC Simulations Communication and Network connectivity and providing simulations communication and network support to MCTP and GSC events and exercises at the Main Site (Ft. Leavenworth) and at Remote Site(s) prior, during, and after exercise and event execution IAW the Simulation Control Plan; this includes simulations communication and network management.
Personnel must understand military doctrine and techniques, and apply those in a simulated environment.
Performs necessary research, analysis, testing, deployment, and implementation of data, simulations, and software systems to provide warfighting commanders and their staffs at all echelons the ability to train with a large scale constructive simulation, to include planning, designing, and evaluating various components of the U.S. Army Joint Land Component Constructive Training Capability (JLCCTC) simulation network
- Provide functional and technical expertise on JLCCTC simulation suite of systems, to include technical planning, system/network integration analysis, system requirements, interoperability functional analysis and support live, virtual, constructive exercise within an integrated architecture environment.
- This includes testing and validating simulation integration and stimulation necessary to facilitate resolution of complex simulation/stimulation issues. Provide operational, analytical, and technical expertise to scenario development, exercise/experiment planning, and execution of combined training scenarios.
- Attend exercise/experiment planning events, perform site surveys, and analyze hardware, software, scenario stimulation, data collection, and after action review (AAR) requirements necessary to meet event and commander's objectives.
- Be able to train simulation operators and advise in determining which Mission Command boxes will be stimulated during events.
- May evaluate and recommend new technologies to enhance current capabilities.
- Other duties may include installation, networking and operation of hardware and software, to include responding to hardware and software problems, and applying network security necessary to operate JLCCTC simulation models, collect data, and analyze results. Some shift work may be required for extended exercises. Travel both CONUS and OCONUS may be required.
- Associate's degree in a computer or networks related field, and 2+ years related experience (academic, work, or combination of both); or 4+ years total related experience (academic, work, or combination of both) in lieu of degree.
- College-level fluency in English and the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical personnel in written and spoken communications clearly and effectively is a must. Knowledge of military doctrine and tactics.
- The ability to operate independently with minimum supervision is required.
- Information Assurance certification in one of the following: Security+, Network+, A+, SSCP, CISA, GSE, CISSP, GCIH. Computer Environment certification in one of the following: Linux, MCA, MCM, MCITP, MCTS, MTA.
- Clearance Requirement: Must currently possess a DoD Secret Clearance.
- 2 or more years' experience with military gaming and simulation input data such as scenarios and authoritative data.
- 2 or more years' experience in Java or C/C++, and programming in Windows or Linux development environments.
- Familiarity in controlling large scale simulation federations and operations of simulation centers;
- Familiarity with High Level Architecture (HLA), Distributed Interactive Simulation (DIS), and Test Enabling Architecture (TENA) interoperability;
- Utilization of entity constructive simulations and virtual simulations for military brigade and below operations;
- Familiarity with encrypted Local Area Network (LAN) Operations;
- Familiarity with the use of distributed simulations to support analytic objectives;
- Familiarity with Simulation Object Model (SOM) and Federation Object Model (FOM) Development;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of the processes and procedures related to supporting National Simulation Center (NSC) events. Experience with Warfighter Simulation (WARSIM) and/or Logistics Federation (LOGFED).
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.