At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”.
The ISR MEP/PED Systems Division, within the Defense Group at Leidos currently has a dynamic opportunity for a Flight Test Operations Support Specialist to work in our Beavercreek, OH office providing support for our Wright Patterson Air Force Base customer. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience to advance the Air Force Research Labs (AFRL) Rapid Technology Development and Demonstrations (RTD2) program. In support of the RTD2 program, your position as a Flight Test Operations Support Specialist will be to support AFRL programs mature new and emerging technologies. The position objectives are to provide technical and operational support of new and evolving sensor systems and sensor technologies, provide support for ground and flight demonstrations and tests, and to perform sensor system integration into laboratories, aircraft, and other vehicles/platforms as necessary.
-- Provide flight test operations support to blended government/contractor engineering teams
-- Lead flight/ground test planning, and assist project scientists and engineers with range of integration tasks to include, but not limited to: mobile ground station support, hangar operations, logistical assistance, security management, and other flight test related tasks.
-- Participate in and develop documents/artifacts pertaining to flight test planning meetings, technical review boards, safety review boards and flight test reports.
-- Responsible for coordinating and supporting ground and flight operations of contracted aircraft, pilots and support staff during flight test operations.
- Responsible for hangar maintenance and operations during flight/ground test events or otherwise as directed. Provide logistics support for these flight test events and coordinate with base operations as required for equipment staging.
- As part of an engineering team, support sensor / system integration into aircraft, ground stations, and SIL environments as required by the project.
- Plan and participate in laboratory and field tests, to include flight testing of sensors and associated hardware and software both at WPAFB and other locations as determined by the project needs
- Perform data analysis, troubleshooting and failure reporting
- Troubleshoot issues between test equipment, software, and hardware
- Synthesize and distill information from technical resources during formal and informal meetings
- Communicate effectively with customers, end users, and analysts in order to provide recommended courses of action for flight test test-related operations.
- Responsible for driving, operating and maintaining a 40FT mobile computer work center used for support of flight testing at various US locations.
-Tow trailers in excess of 10K lbs. between various locations within the continental United States.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
-Requires a related Bachelors of Science degree with 3+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience; additional years of experience required in lieu of a degree.
- 2 years of experience in DoD programs/projects
- Knowledge and experience with flight line operations, logistics, and security practices
- Ability to work both independently and within a dynamic cross-functional team environment
- Strong technical, analytical, and critical thinking/reasoning skills
- Able to cope with rapid change, as multiple objectives/projects are running concurrently
- Experience with flight test planning and execution.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to convey technical ideas in a clear, logical fashion, and translate highly technical discussions into executable plans
- Must have an active DoD SECRET level of clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret level of clearance
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word,)
- Must be able to obtain a “Class A” Drivers Licenses within 180 days from date of hire
-25% CONUS Travel Required
Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) certification
Possess "Class A" CDL Driver's License
Knowledge of FMV, WAMI, SAR/MTI, SIGINT, and Communication equipment.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.