The Healthcare Business Analyst at Leidos closely collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to define, scope, and ensure successful delivery of data-driven solution. The Healthcare Business Analyst reports to the Healthcare Program Manager and works closely with project managers and data engineers to deliver solutions to Leidos customers. The Healthcare business analyst is relied upon during all stages of the solution sales and delivery lifecycle for their analytical and problem-solving capabilities, as well as extensive technical and domain experience. They have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and work with the entire Leidos team to deploy solutions and cultivate positive client relationships. Our Healthcare Business Analysts work closely with our clients to gain a deep understanding of client use cases, workflows, data, and reporting processes. These professionals are expected to be active listeners, innovative thinkers, and creative problem solvers. Our Healthcare Business Analysts leverage their technical, operational, and project management backgrounds to comprehensively collect and document solution requirements in a fast-paced team enviornment. They are instrumental to navigating delivery phases, driving solution quality, and ensuring client adoption and outcomes.
• Closely collaborates with other members of the DHS Healthcare solution engineering team to own business requirements for provider customer projects and proactively manage scope and deliverables to ensure success
• Uses excellent interpersonal, technical and communication skills to lead discovery sessions and interview clients about data systems to gather business, functional, and technical requirements for Leidos Health Solutions
• Closely collaborates with the entire Leidos DHS delivery team, including project managers and data engineers, to deliver solutions that provide measurable value and meet or exceed customer expectations.
• Gathers, stores, analyzes, prepares, documents, and summarizes artifacts and solution requirements for data modeling, reports, analytics, and other components
• Translates business, systems, data and reporting requirements into highly specified technical project requirements including data models, solution mockups and wireframes, workflows, and other artifacts
• Develops and maintains effective, efficient and reusable checklists and routines (solutioning toolkit) for extracting required and requested information from clients and systems
• Prepares and communicates customer-facing deliverables including PPTs, analysis workbooks, solution requirement specifications to facilitate validation and decision making
• Helps conduct validation sessions and facilitate customer decision making related to key requirements
• Identifies and addresses any/all roadblocks, obstacles, and impediments that have an impact on timelines; continuously works with all members of the Leidos delivery team to find efficiencies within existing processes and deliver solutions on time and on budget
• Serves as the voice-of-the-customer during the solution engineering stage and conducts internal testing of solutions while collaborating with Leidos data engineers and developers
• Take part in solution activate events and change management to help drive end user adoption
• Works as a key contributor on a collaborative, fast-growing and highly skilled client delivery team
• Operates from both a technical perspective and a business point-of-view and communicates strategies and solutions with both technical and non-technical team members
• Performs data and software system testing and validation
• Develops training plan for client groups on use of software and solutions
Develops plans, tracks and reports progress.
Works with customers, develops executive reports, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in technology field plus two to four years related experience
• Proven successful HIT experience in one or more healthcare domains (providers, administrators, population health, payers, revenue cycle, etc)
• Experience with HIT systems, reporting, and analytics
• Experience with agile software development lifecycles
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Active listener with strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
• Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
• Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
• Disciplined with a commitment to delivering results
• Achievement oriented self-starter work approach
• Inspires continuous improvement & breakthrough thinking
• Interest in growing knowledge of data and analytics technologies, both specific to the Leidos Health platform and within the HIT industry at large
• Team player who builds relationships and influences and motivates others
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Effective at building consensus and gaining agreement
• Performs all aspects of his/her role with integrity
• Displays analytical and conceptual thinking
• Simplifies complex ideas/concepts and effectively translates to others
• Exercises good judgment
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.