Leidos is seeking an IBM Systems z/OS Programmer for DB2 to be a member of the Mainframe Services Team and will be assigned to work full time at a customer site in Washington, DC. This individual will provide IBM Mainframe Services within z/OS.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Perform systems operation support, including server system administration, general troubleshooting, and troubleshooting of complex engineering issues for hardware, software, and network components
- Document all platform service processes and procedures and maintain the artifacts in a document repository
- IBM z/OS and tools Installations, Customizations, Migrations, upgrades, maintenances, diagnostic, Back Up, Recovery and additional duties
- System (hardware) and application (software) installation and configuration
- System monitoring using installed tools as well as external tools
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 8+ years of overall related experience with a IBM z/OS Mainframe environment; additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree
- Experience with configuration, troubleshooting
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to multitask and function in a fast-paced environment
- IBM Z Mainframes
- DB2 For Z/OS: DB2 subsystems
- Content Managers: one Content Manager Multiple LPARs
- WebSphere Application Servers: One WebSphere each LPAR
- Db2 tools and Omegamon for DB2
- DB2 tools(admin tool, log analyzer, SQL perf analyzer, OPTIM query workload tuner, OPTIM purequery, tools customizer) – guardium db2
- BMC tools for db2
- z/OS Certifications and Training
- DB2 on Mainframe z/OS Certifications and Training
- Software (JAVA, Compiler (COBOL))
- CICS TS
- DB2 for z/OS
- Content Manager for z/OS
- Unix system Services for z/OS
- IBM Apache Server
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.