The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a System Engineer at Andrews Air Force Base.
This Enterprise Monitoring SME will: deliver and support large scale-network, system, application, services, and business activity monitoring solutions. The Enterprise Monitoring SME will support the 844th communications Group at three locations to include; Joint Base Anacostia Bolling (JBAB), Joint Base Andrews (JBA) and the Pentagon. This includes supporting the Air Force District of Washington (AFDW) and Headquarters Air Force (HAF) customers on both NIPRNet and SIPRNet domains. The well-qualified candidate will have a strong knowledge of information technology and commercial solutions; and significant experience designing and developing technical monitoring solutions. The preferred candidate will have excellent communications skills, a strong customer service orientation, and experience serving as an advisor to Chief Architect and other senior IT managers.
- Participating as a member of the Enterprise Architecture Team.
- Work with team to build, redesign, and implement progressive monitoring strategies that meets the evolving requirements.
- Create and drive strategy and standardization of monitoring across the enterprise as well as from external sources (e.g., AFNIC, JSP, and DISA).
- Collect metrics at the optimal frequency to develop alerting, reporting, and analysis.
- Work with team to put monitoring solutions of critical systems and network infrastructure into place to ensure high availability and reduce impact of issues.
- Create and maintain dashboards pulling together monitoring across multiple teams within the same tool as well as across multiple tools.
- Analyze enterprise monitoring data across sources for trends or gaps that could improve service delivery.
- Stay abreast of the latest monitoring technology and trends,
- Candidate provides support in a Linux or Windows Environment.
- Must hold and maintain active Secret Clearance
- Experience with configuration, release and change management
- Experience with two or more tools: Solar Winds, Microsoft SCOM, VMWare vRealize Operations, BMC Discovery, Cisco Prime
- Strong communications skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software –including Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and Excel
- Customer service oriented
- BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience, or relevant experience in lieu of a degree, or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience
- Microsoft Server experience (2008R2, 2012 & 2016)
- Microsoft Windows Active Directory Management
- Experience with DISA STIGs, Air Force MTOs, TCNOs and other guidance
- Knowledge of DoD and/or USAF systems engineering processes and procedures
- Experience with a ticketing system such as Remedy
- Experience working with VMWare virtual environments
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.