In our Albuquerque, NM office we are looking for a Jr Mechanical Engineer to perform a variety of mechanical designs and analysis for an applied R&D contract. You will get to work alongside a multi-disciplinary team, in collaboration with Government researchers doing interesting analysis primarily in an office environment.
- Perform reverse engineering; and system, thermal, and mechanical analysis of systems.
- Perform analysis using codes including SolidWorks, ANSYS/Fluent and Python.
- Modify and develop analysis tools using software such as finite element analysis and computational fluid dynamics
- Modify and develop analysis tools using software such as MATLAB/SimuLink. .
- The ideal candidate will work independently as well as with a team, learn new skills quickly, demonstrate excellent communication and problem solving skills, be organized, detail-oriented, careful, flexible, and self-motivated with a can-do attitude.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering or equivalent related field.
- Must be able to obtain secret security clearance- US Citizenship required.
- Experience with the following: thermal and fluid analysis, failure modes and effects analysis, documenting analysis results and generating reports; performing computer-based solid modeling.
- Experience with MATLAB/Simulink, SolidWorks, computational fluid dynamics
- Good computer skills using MS Windows are required, with proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must have strong mechanical and thermal skills, and also possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Renderings of aircraft and experience with small drone or radio controlled aircraft.
- Experience with ANSYS/Fluent Computational Fluid Dynamics code
- Experience with Python and C++ development environments
- Laser/optics design or analysis
- Development of finite difference/finite element thermal analysis code
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Mechanical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.