Our customer maintains a highly demanding mission and requires our support to provide expert technical and professional management support to the commands enterprise Information Technology (IT) services.
The Projects Lead will support a program that provides sustainment, maintenance, Problem and Change management services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the Department of Defense IP networks.
This position will report directly to the Deputy Program Manager/Director of Operations, with regular interaction with the Program Manager and government POC.
- Monitoring the operational status and posture of communications and information technology (IT) services supporting NORAD/NORTHCOM
- Supporting fault identification and management and fault recovery in an IT Service Management environment
- Providing trending and capacity Planning services to analyze and plan for the efficient utilization and management of the networks
- Providing recommendations on enhancing performance and correcting problems in shared services to meet dynamic customer mission requirements
- Supporting service level metric reporting and submitting logs, statistics, or analytical data, as requested by the Government
- Planning, scheduling, and implementing maintenance actions to sustain the operational viability of the networks, to include forecasting, planning, and supporting technology refreshment/insertion projects
- Collaborate with other Service and Functional Leads to resolve customer related issues with company provided services
- Bachelor's Degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years or prior relevant experience
- 7+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Hold PMP certification prior to start date
- Broad-based systems engineering background and experience managing technical support services for an overseas contract in a Service Level Agreement (SLA) environment
- Understanding of applications and network systems similar to those in use at NORAD/NORTHCOM
- Experience in a quality assurance environment that includes, customer satisfaction tracking and continuous service improvement
- Demonstrated ability implementing and tracking key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Experience with Remedy, ServiceNow or similar trouble ticket system
- ITIL Foundations certification
- Experience with platforms: Directory Services; PKI, Client and Server Operating Systems
- Experience with messaging: Exchange, LYNC, SMEPED, Mobile Devices
- Experience with storage solutions: SAN, SQL, Backup, Virtualization
- Experience with network security/monitoring: SCOM, SCCM, SPECTRUM, Imaging, updates, Deployment, Circuit Status, SolarWinds
- Experience with portal: IIS, TMT, SharePoint, IE
- Experience with situational awareness tools/products: COP, GCCS-J
- Experience with networking: Routing/Switching/Firewalls/VOIP
- Experience with SATCOM products: Tactical Satellite, all relevant bands (Ka, Ku, C, X)
- ITIL Practitioner or Expert Certification
- Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills
- Ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts
- Familiarization of DOD regulations and directives
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.