The Leidos Health Group’s CTO organization is seeking a senior Solutions Architect to develop solutions that positively impact the health and safety of people throughout the world. This position specifically requires someone with broad technology experiences and expertise to be the Lead Solutions Architect within our Social Security Administration (SSA) focused division. The selected candidate will work with Operations and Business Development personnel to understand the SSA’s needs and lead the development of compelling solutions to those needs. They will bring these solutions forward through white papers, presentations, and proposal responses. The chosen candidate will engage directly with the division’s leadership team as well as all active programs and projects within that division. This position requires leading and engaging teams of people with diverse skills to develop comprehensive solutions ranging from IT applications to full enterprise services. It also requires a significant level of customer engagements. The successful candidate will be able to leverage the broader Leidos capabilities, the existing capabilities within the division, as well as those of our industry partners to bring to bear impactful solutions to the SSA.
- Leading the development of innovative solutions in support of major capture efforts, balancing these solutions against cost, schedule, function, quality, and other business considerations.
- Creation of white papers, proposals, and briefings, demonstrating the thought leadership capabilities of the organization, as well as supporting various marketing and business development efforts through customer interaction.
- Assist capture strategy development through technical leadership, including the creation and marketing of discriminating value propositions.
- Assist in the development of the systems integration capabilities with the SSA division.
- Support program management and business development reviews and assist in improving performance of existing projects as required.
- Support prototype development efforts within our Innovations Lab.
- Conduct pre-sales engineering activities to identify new opportunities and to mature solution thoughts as part of ongoing capture efforts
- Bachelors’ degree and 15-20 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience. Industry certifications will be considered in augmenting years of experience.
- Experience (at least 3 years) in at least five of the following areas: agile software development, containerization, micro-services, mobile application development, DevOps, automated releases, automated testing, cloud migrations, cloud development, analyzing business processes
- Understanding of SSA’s mission, organization, and systems as well as experience working with SSA personnel
- Strong communication skills (writing, speaking, and listening)
- Experience leading the development of solutions for proposals
- Experience in writing for white papers, RFI responses, and proposals
- Experience in architecting environments for successful application development
- Experience in customer engagements
- Development and/or Operational program experience
- Additional experience with any of the following customers: HHS, CMS, FDA, CDC, NIH
- Experience developing or managing DevOps solutions that rely on cloud-based infrastructure
- Experience developing solutions using data science, artificial intelligence, block chain, or robotic processing
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.