Voice / Data Communications Technician in support of the AFNCR IT Services program at the National Military Command Center (NMCC). The AFNCR IT Services program provides support services for information systems for Headquarters Air Force (HAF), Air Force District of Washington (AFDW), Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Joint Chiefs of Staff and other Air Force activities within the AFNCR missions to include the Pentagon, Joint Base Andrews (JBA), Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB), and other locations, leased spaces, and alternate sites. The major support areas are: IT Operations and Maintenance; Plans, Projects and Engineering (PP&E). The senior leaders and national defense missions that are supported require that the AFNCR operations never fail, resulting in a fast paced, challenging, but also rewarding environment. The successful candidate will support engineering and maintenance of NMCC Telecommunication systems. Systems include Defense Red Switch Network and C4 Computer Systems and Tech Control. The Position requires deep understanding of and the ability to apply principles, theories and concepts of technical domain and has broad understanding of other related specialty areas.
- Provides problem resolution for all hardware and software elements of the data communication circuits maintained by the work center to include Commercial and GFE owned networks.
- Provide outage and restoration information as required to include restore times.
- Ensure the availability of the circuits in coordination with others work centers as required. Perform status updates and circuit monitoring as required.
- Must be able to work rotating shift schedules as required, to provide 24 hour a day / 7 day a week coverage.
- Must have excellent communications skills.
- Bachelor's degree with 2+ years of relevant experience. Additional years of related experience, training, and/or certifications accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Currently possess Security+ CE certification.
- Currently possess a DoD Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility.
- Successful completion of military/civilian communications electronics courses such as Radio Relay Maintenance, Computer Switching Systems Maintenance, and Cryptographic Maintenance along with operation experience associated with technical control or patch and test facilities operations will be considered in lieu of formal technical controller training.
- Successful completion of technical training associated with operations and maintenance of a Tech Control Facility equivalent to that required for US military AFSC 3C2X1, MOS 31P, MOS 25P, or EC2318, Communications-Computer Systems Control Technician or the equivalent civilian training and work experience in a same or similar civilian or military systems control facility is required.
- Experience working telecommunications systems in a command center environment including a background in one or more of the following areas: Cryptographic Systems, Defense Red Switch Network, Tech Control, Command and Control Computer Systems, Nuclear Command and Control.
- Knowledge of developing, testing, implementing and maintaining communications operations contingency, exercise and restore plans is desirable.
- Circuit restoration, fault isolation, quality control testing, trend analysis, performance monitoring, and status reporting experience is highly desired.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.