The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operations is seeking a Technical Test Lead to support a program in Bethesda, MD.
The Technical Test Lead will work with stakeholders and development teams at the Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health (NIH), Electronic Research Administration (eRA) at our Bethesda, MD location. eRA is a federal government shared service provider of Grants Management services and solutions supporting the research grant portfolios of Federal agencies across the Federal government.
The Technical Test Lead will be responsible for implementing and monitoring standard test processes, gathering metrics, coordinating testing activities with other teams, training other testers as well as hands-on testing activities. The candidate will work with the teams to improve testing processes, approach, tools and techniques to increase efficiency and software quality.
This is a hands on technical lead role.
- Support the program test lead by implementing standardized test processes
- Manage test huddle sessions
- Manage smoke and regression test suites for all application within the team
- Manage automation coverage for all applications within the team
- Be the channel of communication between testers and program test lead
- Ensure all testers are following the recommended processes
- Train testers and help them solve their issues when needed
- Provide innovative solutions for more efficient testing strategy to program test lead
- Communicate testing issues and concerns to program test lead
- Follow the processes recommended by program test lead to gather metrics
- Perform hands-on testing
- Promotes and trains on recommended test processes including continuous testing and test automation
- Works closely with other leads such as development lead, business analysts, product owners and scrum masters to ensure correct processes are in place and followed.
- Coordinates with Initiative Leads for special initiative level testing requirements such as end-to-end, security and performance testing.
- Leads testing effort/activities to deliver application releases to the Production environment.
- Leads test automation initiatives in support of continuous integration.
- Conducts root-cause analysis sessions to define preventive and corrective actions.
- Conducts root-cause analysis on defects found in production to identify if there are any missing test scenario or test data in the regression suites.
- Participates in daily scrum meetings and agile ceremonies.
- Provides innovative solutions for more efficient test strategy.
- Helps other testers in adopting new testing techniques and strategies.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of overall experience in Software Quality Assurance field
- 4+ years of experience as a Test Lead
- 5+ years of experience with test automation
- Experience working in a DevOps environment
- Experience with drafting test plans and test cases
- Experience with performance and load testing
- Working knowledge of the software development lifecycle and Agile-Scrum development methodology
- Experience with mentoring and training team members
- Experience with gathering metrics and monitoring progress
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and looking to continuously improve quality through optimization, automation, and innovation
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- ISTQB certified tester
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with security testing and static/dynamic code analysis tools such as Nessus, Netsparker, SonarQube, etc.
- Knowledge of Grants Management and Health Care related support activities, processes, and regulations is preferred
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.