The Integration Engineer’s role is to receive and evaluate software applications and work with the Infrastructure Team to define and create representative deployment environments. You will work hand-in-hand with software developers to ensure successful software execution through designed test scripts and established test procedures. You will be responsible to create new procedures and augment existing processes to verify and assess whether the software is ready to meet the Navy’s needs prior to deployment on a ship or shore based operational site.
To be successful in this role, the Integration Engineer has a broad range of background skills with foundations in both Windows and Linux platforms. You will be responsible to create and/or update Ansible scripts to include new and updated software in the automation of environment stand-up. The Integration Engineer works with CM and DevOps teams and is responsible for assessing the correct target configuration for each software product and that it is reflected in the representative deployment environment prior to testing. The Integration Engineer develops an in depth knowledge of the technical platform requirements of each software product in order to troubleshoot problems and employ corrections for each installation.
The Integration Engineer also collaborates with DevOps and Test teams to define and automate system readiness checks and regression tests as well as automated test tools appropriate for the type of application being evaluated. You will work with the Test Automation team to ensure any automated tests can be repackaged and reproduced in Third Party provider environments giving providers an opportunity to detect and correct failures before making a delivery. The Integration Engineer provides recommendations on architecture, APIs and software packaging for use by the program office to be distributed to application providers for improving the integration of future iterations of software deliveries.
- Requires an active DoD TS/SCI; must be “SCI Eligible” in JPAS security clearance with a current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 8-12 years of related experience.
- Must be CSWF Eligible which requires a Linux+ or equivalent, and an IA Certificate (Security+, CISSP, etc.).
- Experience with Linux and Windows System Administration.
- Experience with OpenShift or other Docker/Kubernetes service platforms.
- Experience with GIT versioning tool.
- Must have experience in writing detailed installation, configuration and system administration guides.
- Experience building and automating systems within VMware vSphere and Amazon Web Service (AWS) based deployments.
- Experience working in government/defense labs and their computing restrictions.
- Experience with architecture documentation and API design.
- Experience with Java Application servers (JBoss EAP).
- Experience with PostgreSQL tuning and configuration.
- Experience with Jenkins and similar DevOps pipeline tools.
- Experience with PKI client and server Certificates.
- Comfortable with Confluence / JIRA for documentation and ticket tracking.
- Basic understanding of Active Directory.
- Basic knowledge of automation tools and software such as Ansible, Puppet/Chef, Terraform, CloudFormation, Powershell. Ideally Ansible scripting for both Windows and Linux.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and will be required to have contact with both a project technical lead and be able to take direction from our Navy government lead.
- Background supporting Navy applications and programs
- Knowledge, experience with GALE, GCCS-M (MIDB), iSToRE/GXP Xplorer, CGS, SOCET GXP, CJMTK (ArcGIS), Ozone Widget Framework (OWF) and other supporting C4ISR common products.Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
- Working knowledge of Information Assurance and Certification & Accreditation requirements as well as facility security requirements provided by SSC-PAC.
- Experience designing, installing and troubleshooting virtual and cloud data analytics environments, including the Navy Tactical Cloud Reference Implementation (TCRI) and the Agile Core Services (ACS) framework.
- Experience as a tool administrator for Atlassian SCM tools suite.
- Prior work as a software engineer is a plus.
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (i.e., Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.