Our customer maintains a highly demanding mission and requires our support to provide expert technical and professional management support to the commands enterprise Information Technology (IT) services.
The Service Asset and Configuration Manager (SACM) will support a program that provides sustainment, maintenance, problem and change management services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the Department of Defense IP networks. The SACM will provide supervision over IT Asset accounts, warehouse activities, financial and supplier management activities and configuration management.
This position will report directly to the Deputy Program Manager/Operations Manager, with regular interaction with the Program Manager and government POC.
The Service Asset and Configuration Manager will manage the full range of logistics services, to include procurement, equipment shipping and receiving from CONUS and OCONUS locations, property control, and accountability of government equipment. The Logistics Officer will assist with proper execution of and provide continuous improvement to the logistics process. They will be responsible for the for the development and/or maintenance of program supply, transportation, and logistics plans, as well as develop, maintain, and/or improve all program and warehouse related logistics processes to include material acquisition and inventory tracking.
• Manage the inventory of all NORAD/USNORTHCOM materials stored in the warehouse
• Organize and maintain warehouse equipment and materials in a neat, clean and orderly fashion
• Pulling and preparing products for shipment, ensuring that exact number and type of products is loaded and shipped
• Perform delivery services for local area assets
• Monitor inventory levels to ensure that proper stock levels are maintained to support customer and the program needs
• Receive parts, maintain inventory, and check-out parts as needed to Technicians and Engineers
• This position involves frequent lifting of materials and products up to 75 pounds
• Required to keep precise records of all commodities going in and out of company
• Perform all functions related to inbound and outbound shipments of materials received and shipped by the company, which includes adding the materials to pallets, preparing the pallets for shipment, verifying correct material amounts prior to shipping, the creation and tracking of packing slips, unloading trucks, inspecting material for damage, reviewing paperwork, and in-checking materials
• Maintain a spare parts inventory in the warehouse
• Work closely with the project teams to plan for receiving and shipping products on time in accordance with project schedules
• Maintain property accountability records, determines condition, and arranges disposal of surplus or obsolete material or equipment
• Provide support for all shipments, excess, and storage, and acknowledge all deliveries of accountable-property, and update information in the centralized database to maintain database integrity
• BA/BS or equivalent experience and 5+ years or prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience
• 2+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects
• Proven experience in procurement, packing, shipping, receiving, and tracking
• Currently possess an active Secret security clearance
• Ability to compose and send various types of communication in relation to logistics support for a government customer
• Experience creating and maintaining a dynamic inventory process
• Demonstrated ability to create and maintain accurate inventory records, to include receipts and equipment transfers
• Ability to multi-task and adapt to a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
• Experience with property tracking systems
• Must be capable of repetitive lifting of up to 75 lbs. Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time
• Strong sense of urgency; flexibility in meeting deadlines
• Strong attention to detail and quality
• Forklift certified or ability to get forklift certification
• Effective written and verbal skills
• Proven flexibility to meet mission requirements
• Experience working with senior managers
• Knowledge of customer procurement system and shipping databases
• Knowledge of warehouse operations best practices
• Experience in record keeping in the Service Now ITSM tool, a plus
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.