Leidos is currently seeking a technical writer to support the internal CIO Services organization. In this role, you will capture, write, and edit standard operating procedures, processes, project documentation, intranet content, user guides, training materials, and other internal content. You must be a collaborative team player who can evaluate, recommend, plan and execute technical content.
- Interview subject matter experts within CIO Services, plan, develop, organize, write and edit standard operational procedures, processes, policies, user guides, job aids, quick-reference cards, frequently asked questions and other content.
- Report on progress of work products and deliverables.
- Adhere to Leidos and CIO Services style guides and templates.
- Assess, analyze, write, edit and manage end-user training and documentation for technology implementations and updates.
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content.
- Develop and cultivate positive working relationships with team members, engineers, project managers and support staff.
- Bachelor's degree and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Master's degree with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience
- Experience working in an IT organization and developing and editing IT-specific documentation
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Proactive and inquisitive mentality
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Ability to explain complex information and provide procedures in clear and concise manner to users with all different levels of technical experience
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
- Quickly adapt to change and revise documents accordingly
- Business process analysis experience
- Working knowledge or experience with cybersecurity and hardware and software implementations and upgrades
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Writing and Editing
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.