Leidos has an immediate opening in San Antonio, TX for a full time Senior Digital Multimedia Artist/Designer. As a Senior Digital Multimedia Artist/Designer you will develop visual design solutions in both traditional and digital media formats while keeping an eye on art direction, quality, theme, clarity, and style. The role is multi-facetted working across Virtual Reality Gaming Solutions for training, pre-production design documentation, free-hand sketches to communicate direction, game play mock ups, marketing content, ISD visual aids, and storyboarding for commercial quality videos for our Department of Defense clients.
Senior Digital Multimedia Artist/Designer Responsibilities
- Sketch, ideate, and iterate on concept art in support of VR, Design Documentation, and Video Production
- Champion all 2D digital art for consistency, quality, execution, and theming
- Mentor an existing team of 2D digital artists
- Work closely with Instructional Designers on training flow and visuals
- Collaborate with existing digital art team, targeting AAA quality real time visuals by pulling from your traditional media expertise on color, lighting, shape, form, proportion, and composition
- Develop storyboards and design mock ups in collaboration with the Studio Director for all interactive and VR projects
- Establish and own the visual language of all projects
- Collaborate with world builders, level designers, character artist, and animators to ensure the maximum level of client immersion
Bachelor's degree (or 4 years of experience)
10+ years of experience in digital and tradition media
Master level of expertise in storyboarding, mock ups, color theory, sketching, and art direction
Experience in cross discipline development of training in VR, and mobile in addition to video production
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Multi Media
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.