Due to growth, the Electronic Warfare Division is seeking a Principal Investigator / Hardware Manager with successful experience in the areas of business development, capture, technical program execution leadership, and personnel management. We’re looking for someone with an entrepreneurial mindset to work with our existing and new R&D clients, developing advanced solutions to very challenging communications systems, electronic warfare (EW), and signals intelligence (SIGINT) problems.
- Report to EW Division Manager in Leidos Innovations Center.
- Manage a Hardware Group, made up of 6-8 engineers providing matrixed HW support across multiple EW Division programs.
- Collaborate with Division Branch Leads in providing adequate hardware staffing to projects and proposals in Chantilly and Arlington. Actively participate in recruiting, as necessary.
- Take on a Principal Investigator / Chief Engineer Role on key programs. Activities include: System Engineering, Hardware, Software and Firmware Development, Integration, and Test and Final Demonstration.
- Support marketing and bid and proposal activities to include development of technical solutions, attendance of applicable reviews, and contribution to bid and proposal writing.
- Support, run, or oversee Hardware related IR&Ds.
- Participate in EW Division strategic discussions involving hardware solutions.
- When applicable and time permitting, lead as a chief engineer / principal investigator business opportunities with substantive hardware content.
- Leadership is required in all relevant phases: qualification, marketing, bid and proposal, and eventual execution of the program.
- Relevant B.S. degree (M.S. Degree preferred) in engineering, engineering management, or related field from an accredited college/university
- 12+ years of relevant experience with at least 4+ years as a Program or Project Manager
- Demonstrated leadership of small multi-disciplinary technical teams and projects
- Experience successfully capturing and executing programs
- Experience writing technical whitepapers and proposals
- Experience in EW, SIGINT, and/or communications systems as a technical leader
- Current Secret Security Clearance or above. Ability to get Top Secret Clearance in the future.
- M.S. Degree in engineering, engineering management, or related field from an accredited college/university
- Experience working in a Research and Development environment
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Engineering Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.