The Defense Health Operation of Leidos is currently looking for a Site Project Manager to support biomedical research at the Naval Medical Research Unit, San Antonio (NAMRU-SA) in San Antonio, TX. NAMRU-SA conducts gap driven combat casualty care, craniofacial, and directed energy research to improve survival, operational readiness, and safety of Department of Defense personnel engaged in routine and expeditionary operations.
The Site Manager will be responsible for successful service delivery and contract execution, leading a diverse team comprised of engineers, psychologists, physiologists, and research support staff.
Core duties include:
- Provide management, technical leadership and organize the activities and personnel associated with Navy medical research and development activities
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment in which many demands are placed on the Site Manager and team
- Manage staff, including hiring, compensation and employee performance assessments
- Manage multiple projects and tasks and supervise approximately 75+ staff and subcontractors
- Provide technical, administrative, and operational management of assigned projects, including contract and subcontractor management
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction at all times
- Be accountable to the customer and to Leidos management for the success of the project(s) and team
- Create, manage, and control project schedules
- Perform project risk management and create the required status reports. Manage all project deliverables on time.
- Provide weekly updates to customer staff on financial status, technical performance and attributes of ongoing projects, etc.
- Manage all required activities to ensure alignment with multiple schedules and requirements across all projects as well other interfacing systems and projects.
- Work with the customer to reprioritize activities to refocus work efforts and support activities to address new or changing business needs.
- Candidates must have completed a Bachelor’s degree (with 4+ years of related experience) or a Master’s degree (with 2+ years of related experience) from an accredited US university, or international university of equivalent standard, in either a business or scientific related field.
- The candidate will be required to acquire, at a minimum, a SECRET classification access level. Preference will be given to a candidate who already has this clearance level.
- Due to Federal contract requirements, US citizenship is required.
- Experience managing schedule, cost and performance of technical staff and multiple subcontractors
- Microsoft Office experience as well as effective organization and administrative skills are required.
- Prior service with the US military
- Experience in a military scientific/medical research environment or with Navy Medicine terminology and/or resources is preferred.
- Experience providing Project Management support consistent with principles outlined in the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) PMBOK® Guide.
- Strong technical background or experience in research including human and/or animal subjects
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.