Leidos is seeking a entry level Software Developer Intern who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the Time Based Flow Management (TBFM) technology.
The purpose of TBFM is to maximize use of available National Airspace System (NAS) resources, while minimizing delays and disruptions to aircraft operators and their customers,
as well as reducing fuel burn and engine emissions thereby decreasing user operational costs.
This will entail knowledge of object oriented programming (Java, C++) and C programming in a client-server environment anda Linux platform with Atlassian configuration management tool set.
The new team member will join a team of experienced software engineers currently supporting the sustainment and enhancement of the TBFM system.
A successful candidate will work independently to achieve day to day objectives with significant impact on operational results or project deliverables.
Develops technical solutions that require collaboration with internal experts, deep analyses and understanding of impact on end-product/solution.
- Communicates with internal and client project team members.
- Works to influence team members regarding solution design, process and/or approaches.
- Requires deep understanding of and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts of technical domain and has broad understanding of other related specialty areas.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- C/C++ and/or Java experience.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in a computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or related field of study
- Candidates must be enrolled in a degree program in a relevant discipline.
- Your GPA needs to be included on your application and resume.
- Excellent written/verbal skills with the ability to interpret and author well-formed documents.
US Citizenship Requirements
Candidate must be able to obtain an SF-85P Public Trust clearance from the FAA customer.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Intern Technical
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.