Conduct research and analysis that employs a combination of advanced operations research methods in the study of complex and national security issues focused on naval assets and operations at the DoD and US Navy strategic, force development, operational and policy levels. Position requires extensive Operations Research technical education, and experience in the application of operations research to the analysis of tactical, operational and strategic military naval issues on a regional basis. Requisite requirement is the ability to immediately contribute to the process of preparing and delivering analytical products to senior-level personnel in the US government.
Conduct research and analysis; prepare briefings and technical reports, brief government customers on research and findings. Interact with Government customers in meetings and seminars.
- Master Degree in Operations Research (OR) from Naval Post Graduate School.
- Expertise in naval systems/operations. 13+ years of Navy experience, including command-level experience, and experience in operational planning at the senior staff level, preferably at PACOM.
- Knowledgeable of day-to-day operations within the Navy and DoD and conversant with a broad range of Navy and DoD defense and intelligence professionals.
- Able to apply operations research to analyze a variety of national security topics.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to work independently, as well as part of a diverse team of highly trained technical analysts - sometimes in a leadership role.
- Comfortable in preparing and delivering detailed, oral presentations derived from research and analysis to senior DOD officials.
- 20 + years of Navy experience including command level experience.
- Current Top Secret SCI clearance
- Former Surface Warfare Officer.
Security Clearance Information:
Applicant must meet one of three security clearance criteria: 1) have and active SECRET clearance; 2) have SECRET eligibility based on a previous access debrief date within the last two years; or, 3) accept an offer based on a contingency that they must be able to obtain Interim SECRET clearance within 45 days from date of the offer. External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Policy Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.