Conduct research and analysis of the global military competition. Areas of interest include broad national security issues as well as multi-domain military operational concepts at the strategic, operational, and tactical levels, current capabilities, and future directions. Products include topical research, net assessments, trend analysis, and implications evaluations. Multi-disciplinary quantitative and qualitative methods are used. Requisite requirement is the ability to immediately contribute to the process of preparing and delivering analytical products to senior-level personnel in the US government.
- Conduct research and analysis; prepare briefings and technical reports, brief government customers on research and findings.
- Interact with Government customers in meetings and seminars.
- Master Degree in Operations Research (OR).
- 20+ years military operational experience, to include command-level experience and planning experience at the senior staff level.
- Experience in Asian-Pacific regional studies and assessments.
- Knowledgeable of day-to-day operations within the DoD and conversant with a broad range of DoD defense and intelligence professionals.
- Able to analyze a variety of national security and military topics.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to work independently, as well as part of a diverse team of highly trained multi-disciplinary analysts – sometimes in a leadership role.
- Comfortable in preparing and delivering detailed, oral presentations derived from research and analysis to senior DOD officials.
Security Clearance - Applicant must meet one of three security clearance criteria: 1) have and active SECRET clearance; 2) have SECRET eligibility based on a previous access debrief date within the last two years; or, 3) accept an offer based on a contingency that they must be able to obtain Interim SECRET clearance within 45 days from date of the offer.
- Joint staff experience. War College graduate.
- Experience using models and simulations to support multi-disciplinary analysis.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Policy Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.