Are you interested in continuing your career in Europe in a mission focused environment? Leidos Defense Group has established upcoming positions throughout the European theater supporting enablement of EUCOM’s mission objectives. We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced, self-directed, Network Audio Visual/VTC Administrator. This position is in support of a Department of Defense (DoD) organization, US EUCOM located OCONUS in Stuttgart, Germany. This position is required to travel OCONUS.
- Maintaining, analyzing, troubleshooting, repairing and supporting switching and routing devices, firewalls, load balancers, alarmed carrier devices, uninterruptable power supplies, and in-line network encryption devices, which deliver the Command’s Audio Visual and Video Teleconferencing capabilities.
- Configuring devices in accordance with security policies.
- Developing and maintaining IP address schemes for all assigned networks, and annually review and update the Master IP Routing Schema.
- Troubleshooting and correcting all detected or reported network faults or outages.
- Providing assistance via remote access, phone, or in person.
- Possesses excellent problem-solving and customer service skills, as well as extensive experience with network hardware, software applications, operating systems and network connectivity.
- Possesses excellent customer service-oriented and proactive in anticipating and resolving problems while maximizing efficient use of resources.
- Possesses excellent problem-solving and customer service skills, as well as thorough knowledge of AV/VTC hardware, software and network connections.
- Managing and maintaining Multi-media Streaming Systems and Video Teleconferencing (VTC) ranging from simple desktop to more complex integrated AV systems.
- Providing first line fault monitoring on the customers networks making best use of available network management tools; Identify, isolate and classify network faults identified either manually or via available network management tools; Receive, confirm, and classify network reported faults identified by customers or performance management tools.
More about the role...
- You must be able to communicate clearly and succinctly both written and orally, have strong leadership skills, and present products and ideas in a business-like manner.
- You will be required to work in dynamic fast paced environments that require team interaction and coordination of efforts.
- You must be experienced in interfacing with both client managers and system users.
- You must operate, maintain, and manage the LAN infrastructure (e.g., switching and routing devices, firewalls, load balancers, alarmed carrier devices, uninterruptible power supplies, in-line network encryption devices). Provide VIP fly-away comms support.
- You will provide maintenance and operation AV, VTC, and maintenance of Voice services.
- You will coordinate hardware and software system installation and ensures specifications are met.
- You will create and maintain thorough documentation for all incident resolutions and troubleshooting instructions in the Knowledge Databases.
- You will be working with hardware and software vendors to verify timely product delivery and ensuring that new equipment is installed and ready to operate on schedule.
- You will provide remote support and/or travel to customer sites as required.
- Must hold and maintain an active minimum DOD TS/SCI Clearance and be able to maintain
- BA/BS + 4 years, AA/AS +6 years, major cert + 8 years or 9 years of recent specialized experience
- CCNA – Video (Collaboration) Certification
- CompTIA Security + (IAT Level II or greater)
- Experience with Cisco Routers and Switches
- Experience with Video Teleconferencing (VTC) systems and networking
- TESA eligibility
- ITIL v3 – Foundation
- Adaptable to changing circumstances and operational needs
- Understanding of Department of Defense Military standards
- Experience with DoD IT security requirements
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.