Leidos is looking for a Project Manager to manage an SE&I team providing technical management of Defense Threat Reduction Agency projects working out of a Leidos office in Alexandria VA, near Fort Belvoir.
The work involves managing a small team of engineers and scientists working for a group of DTRA Program Managers that are developing capabilities as part of the Counter-WMD Technologies Department, DTRA Research and Development Directorate.
The PM will manage the team’s technical performance and cost, including sub-contractors, and is responsible for leading the team in managing multiple simultaneous projects for the customer across the domains of chemical/biological, and advanced energetics domains.
Work may include developing strategic roadmaps in collaboration with the government, managing studies and working collaboratively across government and industry with a wide variety of performers for DTRA.
- Plan and execute CBRNE-focused technical projects that meet or exceed customer objectives.
- Lead the Leidos team as the contract Program Manager, managing and producing all team CDRLs for the customer, and support any team proposal requirements.
- Directly supervise Leidos and sub-contractor personnel, including hiring responsibilities
- Manage sub-contracts.
- Manage the team’s work with project stakeholders and project teams, while managing overall team performance and costs.
- Working within a team structure, assist the government in developing and executing research projects. Provide SE&I support for the government in providing technical management of industry partners and government labs performing development activities.
- Produce program documentation including requirements documents, test plans, program progress reports, and briefings.
- Assist the team’s personnel with assessing and managing project risk, project schedule, project budget, and project conflicts.
- Ensure team members know and execute their respective roles and the roles of the other team members.
- Education/Experience: Master’s degree and 13 years of experience in a scientific, technical, engineering, or math field or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated leadership with 5+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects
- Strategic thinker
- Experience working for/with the DTRA Research and Development Directorate
- Current TS/SCI clearance
- Experience providing technical management of research and development projects
- PMP certification
- Experience working for the DTRA RD CX or CB Departments
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.