Leidos' Government Health & Safety Solutions Group is looking for a full time Junior System Administrator/Storage Operations to support the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Data Center program. This position is contingent upon contract award.
Responsible for installation, configuration, administration, support and maintenance of systems, including associated hardware.
Coordinate with other System Administrators on the team to:
- Operate, maintain, troubleshoot, manage, and upgrade all servers (physical and virtual), tools, appliances, and system software.
- Operate, maintain, and manage all server virtualization platforms, software, configurations, and automation (e.g., VMWare).
- Provide remote/logical operations and maintenance support for all approved servers outside of the Data Centers in the Field Offices.
- Coordinate troubleshooting of all servers in the Field locations with onsite support personnel.
- Contact and coordinate with 3rd party vendors and Government personnel to resolve incidents or operational problems in response to service interruptions.
- Test, validate, and deploy all hardware and software functionality patches and updates.
- Troubleshoot and remediate performance issues (including but not limited to CPU, memory, network interface card, disk controller).
- Track resource (such as memory and processor) utilizations and reclaim underutilized resources after confirmation and FDA approval.
- Create, manage, maintain, track, test, validate, and document an FDA approved standard image for Windows, UNIX, and Linux servers.
- Create, manage, and maintain an SOP, SCP, installation guide, and CONOPS.
- Experience performing the daily activities of configuration and operation of systems.
- Experience optimizing system operation and resource utilization, and performing system capacity analysis and planning.
- Experience providing assistance to users in accessing and using business systems.
- Hands-on experience with the following tools: SolarWinds and native server monitoring tools, BigFix, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), ServiceNow
- Familiarity with Virtualization, particularly Vmware/Vsphere
- Basic scripting skills (python)
- Experience compiling and building C++ and Java code
Education and Years of Experience:
BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 years of prior relevant experience.
Clearance Level Required:
Public Trust. Must be eligible for Tier 2 – Sensitive Moderate Risk
Yes, 10% of the time
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.