Leidos' Government Health & Safety Solutions Group is looking for a full time Junior System Administrator to support the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Data Center program. This position is contingent upon contract award.
Responsible for maintaining and updating the FDA’s standard image on workstations. Create, manage, test, validate, and troubleshoot the standard images for FDA workstations.
Coordinate with other System Administrators on the team to:
- Operate, maintain, manage, and upgrade systems used for the imaging and patching of servers and workstations.
- Manage OS images and apply necessary patches/scripts and upgrades, and install firmware and special security updates.
- Standardize all OS in accordance with appropriate guidance.
- Develop, modify, and test configuration guides for OS and applications.
- Maintain and update the standard base images for workstations that must support all variations of each supported operating system (e.g. both 32 bit and 64 bit, semi-annual and long- term servicing channels).
- Create, implement, and manage a test plan for the validation of all standard base images and custom installation packages for different Business Units
- Gather requirements, create, implement, and manage an image integrity process (cryptographic hashing mechanisms) to validate that the base image is not altered when deployed.
- Gather requirements to build, implement, and deploy workstation images using System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) Operating System Deployment (OSD).
- Create, manage, and maintain an SOP, SCP, installation guide, and CONOPS for the image integrity process and for the SCCM OSD.
- Review and maintain existing image maintenance process and existing image documentation. Make recommendations to improve the image creation and maintenance strategy.
- Create, maintain, and upgrade automated (e.g., scripted) custom installation packages for different Business Units.
- Provide Tier 3 support with troubleshooting image deployment problems during normal business hours.
- Implement, troubleshoot, and support Thin Client imaging for Mac workstations.
- Experience maintaining and updating standard images on Windows and Mac workstations.
- Experience in creating, managing, testing, validating, deploying, and troubleshooting standard images for Windows and Mac workstations.
- Experience providing assistance to users in troubleshooting workstation image deployment issues.
- Hands-on experience with the following tools: Microsoft SCCM, JAMF Casper/Pro, Netboot/SUS
- Scripting skills (e.g. VBScript, Windows PowerShell, batch scripting. )
- Familiarity with Virtualization, particularly VMware/VSphere
- Familiar with Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Federal Desktop Core Configuration (FDCC) and IT security guidelines;
- Experience with Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK)
- Experience with process automations.
Education and Years of Experience:
BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 years of prior relevant experience.
Clearance Level Required:
Public Trust. Must be eligible for Tier 2 – Sensitive Moderate Risk
Yes, 10% of the time
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.