Leidos' Government Health & Safety Solutions Group is looking for a full time Senior Network Engineer to support the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Data Center program. This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Install, operate, maintain, manage and upgrade the Firewall Infrastructure.
- Actively participate in the weekly Firewall CCB, review all firewall rule requests, and provide recommendations on the best course of action.
- Create, test, validate, track, and implement all internal and external firewall rules based on user and system requirements.
- Provide Tier Three (3) support to help customers identify the correct ports and protocols required for new firewall rule creation requests and to troubleshoot all system behavior suspected to be related to firewall change or implementation requests.
- Analyze and resolve all conflicts related to addition or deletion of rules.
- Retrieve and act upon Firewall change requests.
- Coordinate the physical (deployment, troubleshooting and replacement) of Firewall equipment in the field offices outside the MAN with FDA Regional Services personnel and vendors.
- Ensure Firewall rule replication between internal Firewalls and all external public cloud service and Hosting provider firewall endpoints (e.g. Amazon Web Services, Rackspace, US Department of Agriculture (USDA)).
- Create, manage, and maintain an SOP, SCP, Target State Diagrams (TSD), installation guide, and CONOPS.
- Experience in installing, operating, maintaining, and upgrading enterprise firewall infrastructure.
- Experience supporting the installation, implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of agency wide-area networks (WANs) and local-area networks (LANs).
- Experience in designing and managing the WAN infrastructure and any processes related to the WAN.
- Experience providing Production Support of the Network, including: day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution.
- Experience providing second level problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems.
- Experience supporting the dispatch of circuit and hardware vendors involved in the resolution process. Experience supporting the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers.
- Working knowledge of various software systems and architectures, communications protocols: and network hardware devices.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with the following tools (or equivalents); Splunk, Solarwinds, Nessus, McAfee, Palo Alto Next Generation FW, CheckPoint Firewall.
- Experience with monitoring IT infrastructure and associated enterprise services.
- Working knowledge of System Network & Security Monitoring tools for management of high availability systems.
- Active CCNA, CISSP, and Security+ certifications
- Familiarity with Cloud Computing, and Compute/Storage technologies (virtualization).
Education and Years of Experience:
BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
Clearance Level Required:
Public Trust. Must be eligible for Tier 4 – Sensitive High Risk
Yes, 10% of the time
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.