Leidos' Government Health & Safety Solutions Group is looking for a full time Lead System Administrator to support the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Data Center program. This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Manage a team of System Administrators in performing a complete inventory of the IT hardware and software, and capturing the information in the Configuration Management Database (CMDB).
- Develop and provide a methodology as to how the physical and logical inventory will be accomplished.
- Lead the physical walkthrough and documentation of all equipment in the MAN Data Centers, Network Closets, Multiple Points of Presence (MPOP) and Test Labs.
- Conduct a logical inventory and document all equipment in the field location Network Closets, Offices, and Test Labs.
- Perform an inventory to cover all Voice, Video and Data hardware, Wired and Wireless Networking hardware.
- Identify all empty or partially empty rack, closet, and Data Center floor space.
- Shall perform an inventory of all software, applications (COTS, GOTS, and custom built), operating systems, and tools residing on the entire infrastructure (workstations and servers).
- Perform an inventory of all external connections to include at a minimum: endpoints, circuit type, business justification, security controls (e.g. firewalls, encryption), FDA point of contact, external point of contact, type of data being exchanged, and status of Inter-Agency Agreement or Memorandum of Understanding (MOU).
- Coordinate with Field Support Staff to identify any physical inventory gaps against the logical inventory and MAN to validate all physical equipment in the field locations.
- Schedule, lead, and document weekly project meetings for the life of the project to cover action items, issues, risks, and roadblocks.
- 2+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Ability to analyze new and complex project-related problems and create innovative solutions that normally involve the schedule, technology, methodology, tools, solution components, and financial management of the project.
- Ability to provide applications systems analysis and long and short-range plans for application selection, systems development, systems maintenance, and production activities for necessary support resources.
- Experience leading and managing the execution of system administration processes, projects and tactics.
- Experience performing similar inventorying of software and hardware assets for large organizations, and maintaining the asset inventory using a CMDB tool.
Education and Years of Experience:
BA/BS or equivalent experience and 5+ years or prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience.
Clearance Level Required:
Public Trust. Must be eligible for Tier 2 – Sensitive Moderate Risk
Yes, 25% of the time
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.