Leidos' Government Health & Safety Solutions Group is looking for a full time Configuration Manager to support the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Data Center program. This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Lead, coordinate, and track all configuration/change activities under operations and new implementations as part of the program while evaluating impacts and risks to the customer and business mission.
- Analyze and breakdown difficult problems and determine appropriate solutions that will be accepted by the client and program stakeholders.
- Ensure alignment with multiple schedules and requirements across the FDA Infrastructure and projects.
- Apply principles of effective communications, change management, and configuration management using ITIL principles and framework.
- Facilitate functionally diverse workgroups to develop common elements such as systems’ needs, features, requirements, common configurations and test specifications.
- Prepare required CR and Information Technology Investment Management (ITIM) request forms in accordance with FDA Change Control and ITIM processes and procedures.
- Identify improvements by reviewing TO processes and procedures and document resolutions and solutions.
- Ensure configuration identification by reviewing design release documents for completeness and proper authorizations.
- Experience establishing and maintaining a process for evaluating software and associated documentation.
- Experience determining the resources required for software change management and quality control.
- Experience maintaining the level of quality throughout the software life cycle.
- Experience conducting formal and informal reviews at pre-determined points throughout the development life cycle.
- Experience leading a change control board and associated process for change management.
- Experience providing daily supervision and direction to support staff.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of ISO/IEC 20000 or Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL®).
- Experience effectively communicating at senior levels within a customer organization and meeting with stakeholders to formulate, review, and execute task plans and deliverable items.
- Experience presenting briefings to senior customer management, customer stakeholders, and company management.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
ISO 9001 trained
Education and Years of Experience:
BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
Clearance Level Required:
Must be eligible for Tier 2 – Sensitive Moderate Risk
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Configuration Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.