The Cloud System Engineer will lead a team of two systems administrators and a software developer who provide support to Azure-based cloud applications for approximately 150 users. There are also several small AWS cloud applications.
The Cloud System Engineer provides subject-matter expertise with significant hands-on experience to administer, develop and support user-oriented implementations of various Cloud applications, including but not limited to: an Apache Tomcat web application with SQL Server, an SSL VPN and Cisco firewall, and other applications in O365 and Azure clouds.
The Cloud System Engineer will respond directly to user requirements from the program, which provides open source news monitoring and language translation services of a wide variety of media. The successful candidate will interpret user requirements into solutions that surface rich archives of processed data, daily/hourly workflow changes, productivity tools, and customer-facing dashboards. The candidate will also administer a custom implementation of SDL WorldServer, an Apache Tomcat-based web application for computer-aided translations, SharePoint Online and Azure cloud services.
The Cloud System Engineer will:
- Lead an IT support team to provide systems administration, development, and end-user support of cloud-based applications
- Respond to user requirements to improve work processes and customer services
- Provide user support for developed and deployed cloud solutions of a web application, WorldServer, a cloud-based Cisco VPN/Firewall, and SharePoint Online.
- Troubleshoot item delivery and workflow problems, escalating to IT staff and vendors as required
- Assist users with the use of PC tools and improving user documentation
- Install, test, and maintain cloud-based services
- Plan and perform system upgrades, patches and configure communication systems
- Provide operations and maintenance support of IT technical systems
- Provide on-call after-hours support in the event of system outages
- Requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Ten years systems experience with administering and supporting Windows-based Servers, PCs and web browser-based applications
- Five years of experience with Apache Tomcat, MS SQL database, and network administration
- Strong knowledge of HTTP, HTML, JSON, REST, XML, and Unicode data processing
- Experience with web application, Sharepoint Online, Office 365, and network administration and troubleshooting
- Experience in timely support of IT issues
- Ability to work independently and as a contributor to a virtual team
- Strong organizational skills, time-management skills, attention to detail, and strong initiative
- Effective communicator in both written and verbal formats for a variety of audiences
Able to adapt schedule to meet customer demands. Occasional weekend and after-hours availability are required.
Security Clearance Requirement
- Must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph in order to be considered for this position.
- Azure or AWS cloud certification
- Cisco network certification
- Knowledge and experience with networking, security, including VPNs and firewalls hosted in the cloud
- Experience supporting applications that enable multilingual data input
- Experience with Python or PowerShell or other high-level language software development
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.