Our customer maintains a highly demanding mission and requires our support to provide expert technical and professional management support to the commands enterprise Information Technology (IT) services.
The Cloud architect will support a program by providing sustainment, maintenance, Problem and Change management services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the Department of
Defense IP networks. Our Cloud Architect will help prioritize and shift NORAD/UNSNORTHCOM systems into a cloud environment.
This position will report directly to the Program Manager with regular interaction with the Deputy Program Manager and Government POCs.
- Provide engineering support for the blade and server Virtual Environment deployment
- Design, test, review, support, and provide system maintenance, vendor/contractor liaison and other activities as required
- Install, configure, and manage VMware vSphere environment
- Manage vCenter, hypervisor on new hosts, virtual machines, data store creation and maintenance in coordination with storage engineers
- Maintain virtualized architecture using vCenter
- Plan and convert P2V as directed on Windows, UNIX, and Linux operating systems
- Troubleshoot interoperability and performance issues
- Coordinate and integrate with specialists from storage, network, server, and database systems
- Provide Tier 2/3 technical support regarding virtualization issues
- Diagnose problems on ESXi hosts, troubleshoot technology issues, using various resources and document lessons learned
- Follow policies and procedures for change and incident management
- Automate processes where appropriate and apply data store best practices
- Provide health-performance-optimization monitoring of virtualized architecture
- Work with team to upgrade network infrastructure equipment
- Collaborate with other Service and Functional Leads to resolve customer related issues with company provided services
- Bachelor's degree and 12+ years of overall related experience or Masters with 10+ years of related experience (Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree)
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Hold DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE) prior to start date
- Must possess VMWare Cloud Management and Automation-VCA, Desktop and Mobility-VCA, Network Virtualization-VCA certifications
- Experience with Azure
- VMWare Cloud Management and Automation-VCP or VCAP, Desktop and Mobility- VCP or VCAP, Network Virtualization- VCP or VCAP certifications
- Experience upgrading network infrastructure equipment (Routers, Switches, Firewalls, etc.)
- Cisco UCS experience
- Experience of delivering services in a production environment following ITIL is a plus
- ITIL Foundations Certification
- Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills
- Ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts
- Familiarization of DOD regulations and directives
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.