The Leidos Innovation Center focuses on research and development, to create innovative solutions to solve problems important to the nation and world – to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient. In the C4ISR division, we focus on physics-based sensing: discovering and modeling physical phenomenology, processing and analyzing sensor data, and developing and transitioning algorithms into real-time efficient software implementations. We hire people with a strong work ethic, an intellectual curiosity, and passion for science, technology, engineering, and math. Currently, we are seeking a full-time entry-level computer science graduate to work at our San Diego office.
The candidate will help push the frontiers of sensing and artificial intelligence (AI) by formulating, refining, and implementing new concepts in computer science, human-AI teaming, machine learning, and signal processing. A component of this involves learning solutions and principles from nature and applying them to computing, sensing, and learning algorithms.
The candidate will work alongside our scientists and engineers to develop, efficiently implement, and evaluate rules for human-AI teaming, organization, sensing, and tasking of heterogeneous multi-agent systems. This involves reviewing research papers, developing code infrastructure and tools, and creating simulation-based videos to demonstrate functionality.
Additionally, the candidate will initially support and eventually guide scientists in implementing signal processing algorithms into real-time software products for various projects.
- Bachelor's or graduate degree in a related field (Computer Science, Math, Physics, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Cognitive Science).
- Must have a US Citizenship and be eligible for a DoD security clearance.
- Software experience in C/C++
- Knowledge of data structures
- Mathematical comprehension, including linear algebra
- Skilled in the design, implementation, testing, and analysis of algorithms and systems
- Ability to research, learn, and solve problems
- Written and verbal communication skills- ability to write reports and documents using appropriate grammar and clear communication
- Familiarity with Unix and shell scripting
- Familiarity with GIT
- Experience with writing intelligent agents
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. SQL)
- Software experience with Python and Matlab
- Exposure to machine learning
- Exposure to signal processing
- Exposure to cognitive science, neuroscience, or neuromorphic computing
- Interest in decision processes and control theory
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Specialist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.