The Leidos Surface Transportation Solutions Portfolio is seeking an Administrative Coordinator to provide support for contracts with the U.S. Department of Transportation (U.S. DOT), Federal Highway Administration.
The Administrative Coordinator will provide on-site support work to the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) Office of Safety at the US Department of Transportation Headquarters facility in Washington, DC.
Specific on-site duties may include, but not be limited to:
• Coordinating all efforts involved with Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests for the Office of Safety. This includes response letters, document search and review, and working with the FHWA Offices of Chief Counsel and Public Affairs to ensure timely processing of FOIA requests.
• Drafting and typing correspondence, reports, records, and technical papers. These may include tables, charts, graphs, presentations, and Government forms.
• Proofreading outgoing correspondence to ensure proper format and conformance with procedural instructions, and to screen for grammar, spelling errors, punctuation, and content.
• Managing correspondence using Control Correspondence Tracking System (CCMS), Electronic Document Management System (EDMS), or a similar system.
• Coordinating and processing travel for the office, including making travel arrangements (e.g., hotel reservations, plane and train tickets, travel advances travel authorization requests, travel vouchers, and itineraries) for FHWA staff and invitational travelers.
• Replying to general inquiries that do not require technical knowledge of programs under the control of the Office of Safety.
• Arranging meetings and conferences (e.g., arrange for facilities, prepare agendas, contact attendees, prepare and distribute correspondence and meeting minutes).
• Occasionally assisting with the maintenance of the executive’s calendar.
• Occasionally managing the executive’s office files.
Required Education & Experience:
• High school diploma with 4+ years of related experience performing general office administration duties without day-to-day direction. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust security clearance.
• Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
• Skilled at cultivating relationships.
• Highly proficient in grammar, spelling, punctuation, and preparation of standard office documents.
• Familiarity with the Government Style Manual.
• Accurate typing of at least 35 wpm.
• Fluency in all standard Microsoft Office tools and programs.
• Familiarity with web conferencing tools and platforms.
Desired Experience & Traits:
• Highly proactive, self-motivated, and has sharp self-time management.
• Detail-oriented, highly organized, and strong ability to multi-task.
• Ability to think analytically, and apply general concepts to other applicable topics.
• Ability to identify and implement creative solutions.
• Ability to flourish within a dynamic team environment as well as work independently.
• Flexible and comfortable with changing direction and competing priorities.
• Enjoys challenges associated with learning new topics.
• Seeks constant improvement through self-identifying opportunities and peer feedback.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.