Leidos has an opening for a Network Engineer in North Charleston, SC.
Network Engineer supporting the Distributed Common Ground System, Navy (DCGS-N Family of Systems (FoS) which includes DCGS-N INC 1, the DCGS-N Enterprise Node (DEN), the Joint Concentrator Architecture (JCA) and the Intelligence Carry On Program (ICOP) and systems in development. DCGS-N is the Navy's premier Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) processing system. The successful applicant will be a major contributor to the support of intelligence software integration, testing and Fleet Support in DCGS-N’s System Engineering Team. The Position will involve extensive knowledge of network communications configuration and candidates should possess an administrator-level understanding of n-tier Enterprise networking architecture/management, troubleshooting as well as the capacity to follow detailed installation and configuration management policies and procedures.
Work as a Network Engineer on a team responsible for development and integration of current and future DCGS-N system builds. Defining DCGS-N baselines and versioning; initiating and conducting studies that examine upgrades and changes to the DCGS-N system; initiating and conducting Enterprise Change Requests (ECRs) documenting a needed change to the system; and providing support to the testing and life cycle activities required to sustain the system(s).
• Provide network engineering knowledge and skills to support everyday network operations, integration/installation and test and evaluation activities.
• High-level maintenance and troubleshooting will occur and candidates should have a thorough grasp of network architecture, networking hardware, protocols and routing and switching.
• Advise the Chief Integration / Software Engineer and staff on network communication matters.
• Attend design reviews.
• Support Program Office scheduling activities.
• Coordinate build plans with SE personnel.
• Perform daily monitoring (health and status) of customer nodes.
• Experience with the following: Standard network devices as well as Cisco IOS, Alcatel OminiSwitch OS.
• Minimum of IAT II Certifications: Comp TIA Security+, Cisco Certified Network Associate
• Bachelor's degree preferred in Computer Science or relevant field, BSEE, BSSE or comparable experience with 6+ years of overall related experience.
• 6+ years of experience with Navy network communications and familiarity with NTP-4 – Naval Telecommunications Procedures.
• Ability to travel 25% including possible underway period’s onboard U.S. Navy ships.
• Currently possess an active Top Secret clearance and ability to be approved for a TS/SCI and must meet the requirements of DCID 6/4.
• IAT II qualified in accordance with DoD 8570.1 m.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.