Leidos Government Health & Safety Solution Group in Windsor Mill, MD (Baltimore) in support of the End-User Centric IT Support (ECIS) Contract for Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is looking to advance the organization by adding a Jira and Confluence Administrator to our Communications and Multimedia team. Our program is focused on the delivery of end-user centric IT technology solutions through a streamlined and seamless development, implementation and communication experience.
This position will be responsible for overall management, development and innovation of the program’s Jira and Confluence systems. The job of the Jira and Confluence Administrator is to build on the current strengths of the program management and agile methodologies currently in use with ECIS.
The ideal candidate will work to grow and shape this new role for ECIS, working with the customer, internal program team members, subject matter experts and other program partners and contractors. Working with these stakeholders will enable the candidate to understand information, initiative, program and customer goals, objectives and key results, and further develop a user-friendly, digitally and visually powerful Jira and Confluence system within our agile project management environment.
The candidate must be able to work well within a team, be comfortable in a fast paced environment, be comfortable presenting and facilitating, building and responding to both short and long term projects, deliverables and plans.
This position is part of a multidisciplinary communications and multimedia team including technology writers, a documentation and training specialist, business analyst, and a graphic designer. Collaboration with others across the in-house program team is significant and frequent including with project managers, IT specialists and engineers, procurement, document and quality control, and web developers. An end-user customer service mindset and approach are critical.
Under the direction of the Sr. Communications and Multimedia Manager with input from the Program Manager, Deputy Program Manager, Product Manager and several Project Managers, your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Managing the overall integrated agile environment to meet the ECIS customer needs including leadership, oversight, implementation and ongoing development of the Jira, Confluence, Roadmunk and other related agile and software platforms;
- Providing ongoing assessment, analysis and continuous improvement to the agile environment to elevate program effectiveness and efficiencies towards customer and contract goals;
- Documenting systems, processes and decisions within the Jira and agile environment;
- Hands on experience leading cleanup and refinement initiatives to increase system functionality and usability;
- Performing application and system administration tasks, including backups and scheduled jobs, working directly or with other team members;
- Maintaining and managing projects, boards, workflows, tasks/issues, permissions and users including setting permissions and maintaining security for JIRA projects and Confluence spaces;
- Developing, managing, facilitating and delivering training on Jira and related agile platforms to ECIS program staff, customer and others to continuously advance workflow sophistication, efficiencies and effectiveness;
- Facilitate performance improvement planning, scrums, sprints etc for multiple projects;
- Testing new versions of the tools and plug-ins to ensure compatibility, rolling out across the program and teams as needed;
- Advancing JIRA filters, reporting, dashboards, workflows and fields to be more user friendly and visually appealing, increasing innovation, use and legibility for project managers, customer and other stakeholders;
- Seeking and demonstrating best practices, bringing innovation and advancements to the program and customer agile and communication environments;
- Ensuring documents meet editorial and government specifications and adhere to standards for quality, graphics, coverage, format and style.
- Overseeing multiple responsibilities within tight deadlines, remaining responsible and flexible to customer and team needs while setting priorities and managing expectations.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in management information systems, computer science, software development or related discipline; 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 4+ years of experience as JIRA administrator with proven experience customizing JIRA projects with various schemes to meet complex customer and program project needs;
- Direct experience with the Atlassian product suite, with focus on JIRA and Confluence for project/application administration;
- Dashboard creation and management;
- Experience in performing Atlassian installations, migrations and plug-in installation critical;
- Confidence in proposing new ideas, using analytical skills, presenting to key stakeholders and receiving feedback is important;
- Experience working on project initiatives and campaigns within an overall program and communications strategy is valuable.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work flexibly;
- Attention to detail, ability to self-manage, check own work and maintain quality;
- Ability to work within a team and independently, working methodically to meet deadlines;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills critical;
- Confidence in proposing new ideas, using analytical skills, presenting to key stakeholders, junior and senior staff;
- Ability to receive and act on feedback;
- Desire and willingness to train others;
- Must be able to work additional hours on occasion;
- Ability to travel locally required and at times regionally or nationally as requested;
- Ability to obtain a public trust clearance.
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
- Experience with Roadmunk;
- Ability to write custom Jira Query Language (JQL);
- An understanding of effective branding, design and communications valuable;
- An understanding of 508 compliance helpful;
Experience with human centered design (HCD) framework.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.