Business Development Operations Lead - Government Health and Safety Solutions (GHSS)
Leidos is seeking a Business Development Operations Lead to support the business development and capture activities of the Leidos GHSS portfolio by building upon existing GHSS client relationships. This position location is in Bethesda, MD area, with local and extended travel expected up to 10% of the time. The position is focused on supporting opportunities within GHSS programs, continuing to build the Leidos reputation, executing the BD process, helping maintain a high win probability, and growing business within the GHSS domain.
- Support the Business Development Vice President by providing operation-level data in support of corporate data calls that involve financial, marketing and business development metrics.
- Responsible for the health of the Government Health and Safety Solutions pipeline in WinIT and for the data accuracy on priority opportunities that includes understanding global market trends and measuring those results against current pipeline targets/timing.
- Work regularly with BD leads and staff supporting the operations to develop strong understanding of opportunities in the pipeline and ensuring that data is realistic, valid and attainable.
- Be a resource for the BD team to assist in CRM maintenance and supporting data calls so that the business developers can spend more time customer-facing and less time on internal requirements
- Supports development of Operation’s corporate BD Reporting including weekly and period close metrics
- Supports preparation efforts for the Annual Operation Plan (AOP) that includes analysis on business development metrics, outreach to key leadership and ultimately decisions on business area trending.
- Supports preparation efforts for Quarterly Forecast efforts that include analysis on business development metrics, outreach to key leadership and ultimately decisions on business area trending.
- Supports marketing events that includes collaboration with critical decision makers, engaging industry contacts and developing executive level packages for execution.
- Support and master the overall Capture & Proposal process
- Manage operations’ metrics in corporate systems, ensuring data accuracy
- Support month end activities involving departmental reporting and executive presentations
- Financial acumen and manages financial processes for team
- Tracks and distributes business trends/competitive intelligence analysis
- Discover/share BD lessons learned and best practices
- Discover efficiencies & automation for processes/functionality
- Responsible for win plan progress for top opportunities
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS, and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education and 3+ years of professional experience; or 1 year of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
- Success in this role requires someone with business experience and a desire to learn!
- Familiarity with business development rhythms and metrics. Desire to grow into business development/capture professional.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.