Leidos is seeking a Government Affairs Manager to join the Washington, DC team.
The Government Affairs Manager supports the Government Affairs function by analyzing and monitoring key federal legislation; drafting position papers, legislative summaries, and correspondence; and effectively executing advocacy strategies for Leidos priorities on Capitol Hill. The Government Affairs Manager monitors annual appropriations and authorization legislation, attends hearings, and participates in activities that impact Leidos’ programs and policies. As part of an experienced team, the position reports to the Vice President of Government Affairs and primarily supports Leidos lines of business in non-defense sectors.
- Build strong and effective relationships with key Congressional Members and staff, coalitions, and allied organizations
- Uphold a reputation as a trusted, credible source of information among stakeholders, congressional members and staff, and other key stakeholders
- Monitor and maintain information on legislation, policy, and lobbying efforts, as well as provide in-depth legislative and budget analysis
- Assist in drafting and implementing strategies to achieve Leidos’ goals on legislative and policy initiatives
- Work collaboratively with Leidos lines of business to develop and maintain internal partnerships, and provide proactive legislative insight and support
- Support a range of issues to include areas such as homeland security, energy, transportation, and space
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in related field
- 8-12 years of relevant experience including 6+ years of related legislative and/or lobbying experience, or 6-10 years of prior relevant experience with a Master’s degree.
- Understanding of legislative processes, especially the federal budget and appropriations processes
- Ability to function in social environment with a strong ability to establish relationships with elected officials and industry partners
- Strong verbal and excellent written communication skills; research skills
- Highly proactive, entrepreneurial, and able to develop successful solutions despite an uncertain political environment
- Organized and self-motivated, strong management skills, ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work collaboratively, and engage comfortably with senior executives; highly skilled in the use of persuasion and influence
- Skilled in MS Windows, Word, and PowerPoint required
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Regulatory Affairs
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.