Leidos is seeking a Senior Systems Administrator who will be responsible for the installation, configuration, administration, support and maintenance of systems, including associated hardware. Requires monitoring and updating current and new systems, implementing critical system patches, responding to incidents, scheduling O&M activities and coordination of all customer related issues. The position requires excellent communications skills, both verbal and written. The candidate must be able to work in a high energy environment and adapt to shifting priorities.
The Lead Systems Administrator on the program performs the following duties:
• Candidate will act as the SeniorSystems Administrator and is considered as subject matter expert on the project’s IT operating systems, computing hardware platforms and systems administration.
• Position will require employee to determine methods and procedures to fulfill new assignments independently. As lead, will require the candidate to monitor, organize and work collaboratively in a technological environment to support an established collaborative work environment.
• At times, performs systems engineering functions for new system development efforts or critical system enhancements and patches in accordance with the project’s system engineering and configuration management processes.
• Develops functional requirements through interaction with end-users and coordinates with support teams on systematic enhancements or changes.
• Review and update current processes and procedures to ensure their accuracy in accordance with customer requirements and contract policies.
• Ensure that the 1st and 2nd level customer support model operates effectively and efficiently to provide outstanding customer service for internal and external clientele.
• Have the ability to learn and train junior personnel on new system changes as needed.
• Be the focal point 1st and 2nd level collaborative system support issues that arise and escalate concerns to program management as needed.
• Provide Tier 1, Tier 2 (Help Desk related) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems.
• Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems.
• Work with customers to collect information about problems and lead customers through diagnostic procedures to determine the source issue.
• Troubleshoot to determine problems for operating systems, applications, network, or mobile issues.
• Actively manage incident tickets and provide status updates on each ticket per SLA.
• Review tickets daily and reprioritize as needed to ensure compliance with Service Level Agreements (SLA).
• Ability to craft technical and professionally written outage notifications and updates to incident stakeholders.
• Provide system and application diagnoses to remediate issues while engaging other teams as needed
• Conduct continuous improvement service desk support and update knowledge base as required
• Requires BS degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience or experience in lieu of degree
• ITSM products (i.e. Remedy) CRQ/WO/INC/KMS management.
• Application support experience using Remedy or other ticketing and incident management systems.
• Familiarity and practical application of advanced principles of ITIL/ITSM.
• Excellent written and communication skills required; excellent customer service aptitude.
• Ability to present to executive management incident debriefs and root cause analysis reports.
• Must be available for on-call support as required.
• Experience managing Microsoft Windows 2012 R2 in a medium/large (500+ systems) domain env.
• Day-to-day fluency using Microsoft Active Directory to manage policies & user objects.
• Experience troubleshooting, administering and using Microsoft Windows 2012 R2.
• Experience troubleshooting, administering and using Microsoft Windows Enterprise 7 & 10.
• Knowledge of security policies and general vulnerabilities management.
• Possess and maintain one of the following certifications: MTA-IT, A +, Network +, or Security +.
Clearance: Active TS/SCI with Poly. US Citizenship is required.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.