Leidos' Government Health & Safety Solutions Group is looking for a full time Senior Data Storage Specialist to support the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Data Center program. This position is contingent upon contract award.
Coordinate with other Data Storage specialists and/or System Administrators on the team to:
- Operate, maintain, manage, tune, configure, troubleshoot, and upgrade all SAN/NAS environments and tools in the Data Centers.
- Provide remote/logical operations and maintenance support for all FDA approved SAN/NAS storage outside of the Data Centers in the Field Offices.
- Manage file storage for capacity and performance issues, including email, user drives and application drives.
- Troubleshoot and remediate performance issues (e.g., disk, switch, caching Host Bus Adapter (HBA).
- Perform SAN zoning, aliasing, and provisioning.
- Test, validate, and deploy all hardware and software functionality patches and upgrades.
- Track resource (e.g. disk space, LUNS, partitions) utilizations for reclamation and conduct outreach with stakeholders to confirm whether those underutilized resources can be reclaimed.
- Reclaim underutilized storage resources after confirmation and FDA approval.
- Create, manage, and maintain an SOP, SCP, installation guide, and CONOPS.
- Provide proactive system and capacity monitoring.
- Proactively monitor vendor security and firmware update announcements and plan their deployment.
- Configure all storage devices to meet FIPS 140-2 compliance.
- Experience analyzing and developing computer software possessing a wide range of capabilities, including numerous engineering, business, and records management functions.
- Experience developing plans for automated information systems from project inception to conclusion.
- Experience analyzing user interfaces, maintaining hardware and software performance tuning, analyzing workload and computer usage, maintaining interfaces with outside systems, analyzing downtimes, and analyzing proposed system modifications, upgrades and new COTS.
- Experience analyzing and defining the problem and the information to be processed, and developing system requirements and program specifications, from which programmers prepare detailed flow charts, programs, and tests.
- Experience coordinating closely with programmers to ensure proper implementation of program and system specifications.
- Experience developing, in conjunction with functional users, system alternative solutions.
- Hands-on experience with the following tools: SolarWinds, Oracle 12c Automatic Data Optimization
- Familiarity with SAN and NAS tools for analytics and capacity planning
- Basic scripting skills (python)
- Familiar with security process for storage configurations and operations
Education and Years of Experience:
BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
Clearance Level Required:
Public Trust. Must be eligible for Tier 2 – Sensitive Moderate Risk
Yes, 10% of the time
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.