Leidos' Government Health & Safety Solutions Group is looking for a full time Quality Engineer/QA Manager to support the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Data Center program. This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Develop, implement, and maintain the technical quality assurance and control system for the program.
- Lead the development and implementation of procedures and plans (e.g. QA Plan, QA Surveillance Plan [QASP] corrective action plans) for assuring quality products and services in an agile environment within the program.
- Define and specify the implementation of standards, methods, and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision, accuracy, and reliability of client deliverables.
- Analyze defects in conjunction with Data Center operations plans to drive improvements in the verification & validation of requirements.
- Establish and maintain strong and productive relationships with key stakeholders ensuring that the objectives are understood and incorporated into a framework of continuous improvement.
- Contribute to creation, and annual review, of Continuous Improvement Plan.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis and Investigations of non-compliant items.
- Review deliverables for compliance and quality.
- Maintain the Analysis and Corrective Action System database.
- Conduct Continuous Process Improvement events within the program.
- Experience establishing and maintaining a process for evaluating software and associated documentation.
- Experience determining the resources required for quality control.
- Experience maintaining a level of quality throughout the software life cycle.
- Experience conducting formal and informal reviews at pre-determined points throughout the development life cycle.
- Experience providing daily supervision and direction to support staff.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 /20000 standards.
- Knowledge of ITIL and Agile methodologies.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, QA applications and databases.
- ISO 9001 trained
- Certifications an advantage including Quality Auditor, Quality Engineer, Quality Improvement Associate, Six Sigma
- Familiarity with the Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Familiarity with the Federal Government work environment.
Education and Years of Experience:
BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
Clearance Level Required:
Must be eligible for Tier 2 – Sensitive Moderate Risk
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.