No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Leidos has a need for a full-time Program Analyst/Organizational Communications Specialist to support the Department of Energy/National Nuclear Security Administration (DOE/NNSA) Office of Defense Programs (NA-10). The primary focus of this position is to assist NNSA with communication technical and programmatic information to stakeholders and, particularly, to assist NNSA’s Office of Strategic Planning and Analysis (NA-183) with writing and coordinating publication of the annual Stockpile Stewardship and Management Plan (SSMP). The work is performed in the NNSA offices located at the DOE Forrestal Building in Washington, D.C. Domestic travel may be required to support meetings and other activities.
• Collect technical and programmatic data from sites and PMs for early formulation of annual congressional budget material, program planning documentation such as program plans and program implementation plans, and advise, review, and edit annual budget data information and budget justifications to Congress.
• Collect technical information across multiple groups at different levels (program managers, M&O partners, and field office personnel) to draft and develop position papers and memorandums for NA-10 federal managers.
• Analyze speeches and testimony by the President, Secretary of Energy, NNSA Administrator, and key Defense Programs personnel; public documents; press releases; and other materials using expert knowledge and concepts to summarize for use in key DOE/NNSA messaging and document themes.
• Coordinate with NA-10 Strategic Communications Office to capture subject talking points, themes, and messaging to ensure consistency with the annual SSMP.
• With a program team, develop and produce the DOE/NNSA annual SSMP. Assist in the development of complex schedules and briefings; create legislative requirements mapping; and serve as liaison between NA-183, programs, production team, and chief editor. Review and evaluate relevant nuclear weapons program submissions, such as accomplishments, challenges, strategies and approaches, and technical data for inclusion in the SSMP. Provide programmatic, technical, and logistical support for classified and unclassified meetings including the development and coordination of meeting agendas, schedules, writing guidance, chapter templates, assignment lists, meeting documentation, and briefings.
• Assist with achieving day-to day objectives with particular emphasis on the preparation, creation, and publication of NNSA’s reports and annexes to meet Congressional requirements, ensuring compliance with DOE Strategic Plan, Nuclear Posture Review, and other key policy references. Edit a broad range of documents for internal and external use (e.g., Reports to Congress, strategic plans, briefings, etc.) and provide input to other strategic documents as required. Analyze audience needs and knowledge for each document under development to appropriately target the audience.
• Participate in weekly staff meetings, planning meetings, team calls, video teleconferences, and other meetings held by federal leadership and team members.
• Draft and update style guides and summaries of corporate messaging for development and editing of documents. Coordinate reach back support from the larger contractor team for special efforts or surge support.
• Bachelor’s degree and 8-12 years of experience or Master’s degree and 6-10 years of experience
• Work experience supporting federal government programs (e.g., DOE/NNSA or DOD).
• Exceptional verbal, writing, and editing skills.
• Experience developing documents on technical topics for lay audiences.
• Ability to collaborate and work with a team.
• Prior experience within the DOE/NNSA nuclear security enterprise.
• Knowledge of DoD nuclear weapons enterprise.
• Knowledge and experience in handling and management of classified report, papers, briefing, and systems.
• Prior experience working on large technical documents.
• Prior experience as part of a high performing team to deliver materials to Congress.
• Experience with iPortal and Sharepoint collaboration tools.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:DOE Q
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Policy Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.