Leidos currently has a part time CBRN Technician opening that will support the Security Engineering Program (SEP) program in Washington, DC.
The CBRN Technician serves as maintenance technician for a multimedia environmental sampling operation charged with installation, maintenance and calibration on scientific monitoring equipment; chemical research and analysis as required; and performing other maintenance related work. As needed, this position will also support an environmental sampling collection team charged with the collection, initial processing, packaging and preparation for lab testing of environmental media at various locations within the National Capitol Region. The Technician may also be asked to perform initial response to incidents that may involve hazardous materials. In such situations, the Technician will enter the danger area wearing full protective equipment in order to perform maintenance, sampling, identification, testing, mitigation, and containment of dangerous materials. Due to the nature of the job requirements, work hours are subject to change to accommodate the needs of the customer (shift work on-call, weekends, and holidays as needed).
The CBRN Technician will provide technical expertise to diagnose and repair electronic malfunctions or to remove and repair, or replace, unserviceable equipment. This will include: Troubleshooting and testing faulty equipment; identifying malfunctions and repairing system malfunctions Performing required daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly maintenance checks and services on equipment; Assisting in performing confidence tests on selected equipment as needed to ensure proper operation; Assisting with system sample and identifications to determine health of equipment; Maintaining communications and downloading operational data.
Other duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Apply knowledge of operation, capabilities and limitations of equipment and systems Use ingenuity in the application of shop and trade practices to solve operating and repair problems
• Troubleshoot complex chemical analysis systems that lack documentation Interact with engineers, manufacturer s representatives, and field personnel in troubleshooting and developing modifications, substitutions or, corrections to equipment to reduce breakdowns and/or simplify repairs, servicing or operation
• Read and interpret drawings, specifications, and schematics of complex operational systems that create and use many interlocking signals
• Analyze daily work reports, identify problems, interpret procedures, and problem solve to positive effect
• Maintain work records; prepare clear and concise reports
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing Learn and observe all appropriate safety precautions as required, including, but not limited to, OSHA General Industry Safety Orders, Respiratory Protection Program, and Safety Directives.
Required Education & Experience:
• Must have an active Secret security clearance
• Bachelors degree with 7+ years related experience
• A valid drivers license or the ability to meet the transportation requirements of this position.
• Candidate must be able to follow written and oral instructions regarding sampling procedures and carry out tasks safely with minimal supervision and oversight.
• Candidate should have a strong customer focus.
• Candidate must successfully pass a medical screening exam to ensure that he/she can respond to incidents involving hazardous materials.
• Strong knowledge of chemistry and chemical processes CBRNE experience (Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear Explosive) Prior laboratory experience
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently and with a team
• Ability to work flexible hours (on call, shift work, weekends, and holidays as needed)
• Emergency Response Background HAZWOPER Certification
• Hands on technical experience in mechanical, electrical, or any of the basic sciences.
• Past military experience in working with Chemical, Biological and Radiological equipment is a plus.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:12
Job Family:Field Services
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.