Job Description: Leidos has a job opening for a Squadron Program Analyst at 53d Wing (ACC), 53d Electronic Warfare Group 16th Electronic Warfare Squadron, Eglin AFB, Florida. The 16th Electronic Warfare Squadron is responsible for the development, testing and evaluation of electronic warfare capabilities to enhance survivability for combat air forces.
Responsibilities may include:
Manage squadron acquisition planning and contract award processes.
Plans and schedules work in a manner that promotes a smooth flow and even distribution. Reviews
technical submittals to ensure compliance with Performance Work Statement.
Works with the base contracting office to create annual task orders.
Prepares detailed plans, budgets, and schedules for assigned programs and/or participates with squadron leadership in fiscal planning and programming.
Resolves day-to-day funding and programming issues as they pertain to the execution of the current fiscal year budget and the programming of the Future Years Defense Program (FYDP).
Performs daily status of funds (SOF) updates for all program element codes (PECs).Creates purchase instruments and other financial documents and coordinates with vendors and base contracting office.
Establishes policies and procedures for accomplishment of financial management assignments related to the receipt, disbursement, accounting for, and safeguarding of funds. Identifies requirements and initiates requests for additional resources including personnel, overtime, equipment, supplies, and space to ensure success in meeting goals and objectives. Establishes metrics and analysis systems to ensure actions are timely and reviewed at critical points. Recommends methods to help the squadron optimize use of resources and maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
Ideal Candidates should display the following:
• Interested in Finance and Business Operations
• Energetic and enthusiastic behavior
• Team player who isn’t afraid to show initiative and solve problems
• Effective interpersonal skills and drive for excellent customer service
• Associates degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business or appropriate equivalent work experience
Associates' degree and 3 years related experience.
1. Knowledge of commonly used budgetary methods, practices, procedures, regulations, policies, and processes to formulate, justify, and execute budgets and financial goals in support of the mission, structure, goals, work processes, and programs of the organization.
2. Knowledge of the requirements, techniques, procedures, and practices of generally accepted accounting principles and standards.
3. Knowledge of Air Force and command program goals and objectives; the sequence and timing of key operational events and milestones; methods of evaluating the effectiveness of planning actions related to actual events; and the relationship of the various command entities involved in overall program planning and execution of military operations and evaluations.
4. Skill in fact-finding, contract analysis and pricing techniques, problem resolution, and development of concrete action plans to solve problems. Knowledge of federal contracting laws, regulations, policies, practices, methods, and contract types. Knowledge of DoD acquisition process.
5. Skill in designing and conducting comprehensive studies, and preparing solutions to resolve substantive problems and issues of effectiveness and efficiency of work operations in a squadron in support of major command programs.
6. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; negotiate complex issues; and maintain good working relationships.
7. Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with an ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
8. Ability to execute data mining and analysis and present those findings to management
9. Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
10. US Citizenship is required
11. Active SECRET clearance is required
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.