We have an Opening for a Mid-Level Watch Officer to support our customer's mission in Winchester, VA. The Watch Officer will have the following responsibilities:
- Assist and facilitate the functions and capabilities of watch operations center to include:
- Develop routine and incident response procedures, job aids and checklists, and daily situation reports.
- Conduct alert notification of individuals and teams for the orderly transition to crisis team operations and processes, if required.
- Draft daily and event driven Situational Awareness Reports concerning capability and capacity to provide mission, to include the execution of supporting contingency and continuity plans.
- Provide support to ongoing continuity response activities, to include the response operations center and alternate facility plans and procedures.
- Participate in after-action reviews and corrective actions to address shortfalls identified during events or exercises, as directed.
- Watch Officers must be comfortable working in a 365; 24/7 hour work environment. The schedule involves rotating 12-hour shifts with a 5 am or 5 pm start based on a Panama schedule.
Education: Bachelor's Degree OR Five year’s equivalent operations center experience. Relevant experience at all levels/sectors of government will be considered.
- Knowledge of communications security and use of multiple communications systems (e.g., IC databases, notification systems, secure fax); Experience with 24/7 operations center operations; Proficiency in the operations of all continuity communications platforms required by OMB/OSTP D-16-1
- Previous experience working in a high stress environment
- Experience utilizing multiple forms of communications systems (e.g., telephone, fax, radio, etc.)
- Experience utilizing emergency response team rosters and emergency notification tools
- Experience recognizing situational awareness indicators and executing judgment of potential impact on mission operations
- Experience developing clear and concise written products that require minimal revisions
- Experience facilitating emergency communications
- Must have experience using Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- One plus years of relevant IC and/or watch officer experience
- TS/SCI with CI Polygraph is mandatory
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:24/7 12 Hour Shift Pattern
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.