The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Lead Data Scientist supporting Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O) at the DISA Joint Operations Center (DCC) on Ft. Meade, MD.
The Lead Data Scientist for this program will spearhead efforts to move the agency forward in standing up its initial big-data and geospatial enhancement efforts to realize the benefits of aggregation and correlation of historic and actualized data.
This position will make possible:
- The vision to maximize information sharing
- Increased enterprise situational awareness to strengthen cybersecurity
- Mitigate the risk-reward tradeoff from integrating new technologies and capabilities
This work will also enable national-level decision making and will impact the agency’s support of the emergent U.S. Space Command.
While this position is in direct support of DISA, the data scientist will allow the agency to engage and empower mission partners throughout the world.
Provide professional analyzing and assembly of data generated through the EVWD. This analysis and assembly should employ scientific methods, processes, algorithms and systems to extract knowledge and insights from both structured and unstructured data from multiple disconnected sources.
The agency provides, operates, and assures command and control and information-sharing capabilities and a globally accessible enterprise information infrastructure in direct support to joint warfighters, national level leaders, and other mission and coalition partners across the full spectrum of military operations.
Examples of the types of tasks to be performed as part of this analysis are below, this list may not be all inclusive:
- Build predictive models and perform predictive analytics
- Design experiments to solve sophisticated problems with code
- Develop machine learning algorithms
- Develop visualization strategies and capabilities to support mission and business objectives
- Formulate and answer open-ended questions based on mission and business problem sets to glean insights
- Interpret large and complex datasets and define appropriate applications to derive required outcomes
- Perform data analysis
- Perform unification of statistics
- Work in a team-based agile work environment
- Active TS/SCI security clearance.
- Master’s degree in a relevant technical discipline and 15+ years of overall related experience. 4+ years of additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Experience working with and exploiting big data; distributed computing; predictive modelling; mathematics; statistics; machine learning; story-telling; and visualization
- Ability to extract meaning from and interpret data using a variety of tools and methods from statistics and machine learning
- Strong working knowledge of the various Microsoft technologies, particularly SharePoint
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and problem solving skills
- The individual needs to be flexible, dependable and be able to multi-task with priorities
- Active data scientist/ analytics or equivalent certification from IBM, Microsoft, Cloudera, Hortonworks, SAS, etc.
- Knowledge of the DoD architecture and associated management systems
- ITIL V3
- Experience briefing Senior Leaders
- Demonstrated experience of providing excellent customer service
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Data Scientist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.