The Defense Group at Leidos has an opening for a Security Specialist located in Colorado Springs, CO.
The job of the Security Specialist is to support several Government contracts across the Leidos enterprise. This is an opportunity to use your security experience to demonstrate the benchmark security programs within Leidos. In this position, the employee will work closely with the FSO and other security professionals in managing security programs for several high-visibility classified contracts, along with managements of all facets of the National Industrial Security Program for the Cleared Facility located in Colorado Springs, CO and other geographically-separated locations
The Security Specialist is responsible assisting the FSO with implementing the industrial security program and ensuring company and customer security requirements are met.
• The successful candidate will interface with all levels of Leidos personnel and government management personnel to ensure contract security compliance with National Industrial Security Operating Manual (NISPOM), DOD Contract Security Classification Specification (DD Form 254), Program Security Classification Guides and other associated security guidance to ensure successful contract performance.
• Work as a team player, exhibit flexibility, and excellent organizational skills. Assist in managing customer’s programmatic expectations. Take independent action when warranted or in the absence of the FSO. Analyze moderate to complex problems, and provide focused solutions with the ability to effectively communicate information to various audiences. Bring security risks to the attention of the PMs, Task leads and management as identified.
• The candidate will be required to conduct security self-inspections, apply risk mitigation methodologies, support customer assessments, and implement security measures to meet requirements.
• The candidate must possess the confidence to make critical security decisions concerning high value contracts and to implement security procedures that will prevent unauthorized access to company and government facilities or information.
• Evaluate security relevant information to determine eligibility for access to classified information based upon customer-established criteria for access to TS-SCI and SAP material.
• Provide clear guidance to company employees, and recommend modifications to operations policies or procedures as appropriate.
• Management of COMSEC related duties and responsibilities under NSA CSS 3-16. Conduct inventories and manage data within DIAS and report deficiencies to the COR.
• Administer day-to-day security programs, personnel processing, program reviews, document control system, audits & self-inspections, violation investigations & reports, receipt/dispatch/destruction/mail logs, visit certs, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 4-6 years of professional experience
• Thorough working knowledge of the NISPOM, other relevant DoD security guidance as well as the Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) standards
• Self-starter with ability to work independently, customer service orientated
• Commitment to security - creating and delivering the highest value to customers
• Ability to interpret company and government security policies and apply them to program operations
• Strong understanding of Physical Security requirements to include collateral Closed Areas and ICD 705 to meet contractual needs. Along with working knowledge of SF-86, SF-312, DD-254, SF700, SF702 and other required forms.
• Thorough understanding of security databases such as JPAS, eQIP, eFCL and ISFD and complete JPAS User Levels 2-6 Training within six months after being hired. Understanding of Information Management systems used to manage security data within a security environment
• Experience creating and conducting initial security briefings, debriefings, indoctrinations, pre/post foreign travel briefings and refresher briefings, as appropriate
• Ability to develop and establish an effective security awareness, training, and education program. Assist in executing the requirements set forth in the Technology Control Plan (TCP) for foreign visitors.
• Strong communications skills, both oral and written
• Candidates must possess an active Top Secret clearance and be able to meet eligibility requirements for access to SCI and SAP as required to support contract activities
• FSO training certificate
• COMSEC Custodian certificate or experience required. Complete IAEC-2112 COMSEC Training Course six months after being appointed as Alternate COMSEC Account Manager
• Industrial Security Professional (ISP) Certification
• Courier preparation procedures
• Experience developing and implementing OPSEC plans
• Knowledge of Access Control and Intrusion Detection Systems
• Experience with SCIF construction and Prepare Facility Clearance (FCL) Sponsorship documentation for subcontractors requiring new FCLs
• Experience conducting Security incident inquiries
• Resourceful in solving problem and capitalizing on opportunities
• Professional Certifications/Affiliations
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.