Leidos is seeking an Engineering Manager within the Civil, Transportation Solutions group. The Engineering Manager will be responsible for the Future Flight Services Program (FFSP) feature development team, the GCCS program engineering team and the G7SL program engineering team.
• Provide strong leadership and possess excellent interpersonal, planning and problem solving skills.
• Help plan team tasks to ensure the teams meets deadlines and commitments.
• Present status in programmatic and or engineering forums.
• Develop and conduct interim and yearly performance reviews for the department personnel
• Lead special projects when assigned in addition to normal managerial duties. The manager may be required to take on program financial responsibilities and support proposals, ROMS and task order preparation.
• Plan engineering tasks, deadlines, milestones, and task sequencing and apply tracking metrics.
• Ensure delivery of quality work products, including specifications, plan sand procedures, in accordance with program requirements
• Typically requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 5+ years or prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience.
• Generally has 2+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Software development or engineering experience.
• Program / project leadership experience
• Cost management experience
• Flight Service Experience
• Satellite / RF knowledge
• TS engineering process experience
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Engineering Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.