The Construction Architect will provide support to the FAA’s APM-200, Real Estate Program as part of the Leidos NISC III program.
Support shall consist of serving as a Subject Matter Expert (SME), and execution support on various initiatives of the Real Estate Program (i.e. facility assessments, site surveys, tenant fit outs, acquisitions, decommissioning & disposal, etc.) to the Program Office.
In this role you may be required to assist with the execution of the program initiatives, travel to take part in site activities and coordinate between FAA field personnel, contractors and vendors.
You will be responsible for providing services in research, calculation, design, development, construction, alteration or repair of buildings and/or structures. Duties may include
- Collecting and analyzing technical data to determine project requirements and prepares information regarding specifications, materials, equipment, estimated costs, and completion times.
- Conduct inspections or testing.
- Development of a design through sketches, physical models, electronic models, diagrams, massing studies, and other visual formats to express the design intent and communicate to project team, client, and building user groups.
- Conduct detailed reviews of design documentation (drawings, plans, specs etc.) to confirm compliance with project objectives including sustainability, program, efficiency, key adjacencies, flow, etc.
- Utilize BIM technologies in development of three-dimensional models of building and their components.
- Develop space planning, block planning, and adjacency diagrams in coordination with building program.
- Interpret and apply building codes and requirements of regulatory agencies in development of the building design.
- Evaluate building systems and materials.
- Coordinate building systems (structural, mechanical, electrical, etc.) to ensure compatibility with the design intent.
- Analyze site incorporating geotechnical, hydrological, environmental, social and economic conditions.
- Develop building design in accordance with cost parameters.
- Participate in development of the program and other pre-design efforts.
- Ensure that design intent is maintained through documentation and construction.
- Present the building design to stakeholders (client groups and project teams).
Education and Experience
- Bachelors with 8 – 12 year’s design experience or Master’s Degree with 6 – 10 year’s design experience.
- Degree in support of an Architectural license required.
- Experience with modeling/drafting software (Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD).
- Ability to receive a Public Trust security clearance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suites.
- Architectural license is required.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
Preferred Capabilities and Credentials:
- LEED Green Associate Accreditation or LEED AP preferred.
- Ability to hand sketch and communicate concepts and ideas to clients effectively.
- Ability to apply accessibility codes, applicable building codes, and life-safety codes to the design of a wide variety of project scopes and complexity.
- General knowledge of building construction systems, constructability, materials, and industry associated standards.
- Ability to participate in a project team setting and lead the team.
- Ability to lead one or more teams through the development of design concept.
- Ability to check work of others for accuracy and completeness and manage team to meet project budget and schedule.
- Ability to interpret sketches, drawings, codes, building program and other similar material.
- Ability to present abstract ideas to the client and client representative.
- Ability to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Strong experience with design software (Sketch-up, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.).
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.