This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the National Airspace System Integration Support mission.
In this mission we provide subject matter expertise to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) throughout the Central Service Area.
The employee will perform the following duties in this role:
- Compile and review budgets using actual performance, previous budget figures, estimated revenue, expense reports, and other data sources to control funds and provide for proper financial administration.
- Prepare financial plans.
- Monitor implementation of financial policies.
- Prepare regular and special-purpose reports.
- Maintain historical records and analyze trends.
- Establish cost rates and personnel forecasts.
- Recommend and interpret budgetary policies and procedures.
- Prepare comparative evaluation of actual costs against budgeted funds.
- Determine rationale for variances between costs and budget.
Typical education and experience:
- Typically requires a BA degree and 0 to less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Additional years of related work experience can be used to off-set a degree at the hiring manager's discretion.
- Previous working experience with budgeting or functions related to finance/budgeting.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Prior experience working for/with the FAA
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Financial Planning and Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.